Fleet Manager Positions

E-OneDog

Active Expediter
My Wife and I recently and suddenly had to get out of our truck and stay home with my wife's mother who is terminally ill. This could last for quite a while (we pray) so we thought we would try our hand as fleet managers. We were offered the position two years ago with the fleet we ran for but chose to stay on the road. Now that is not possible but we want to keep our feet in the business we have come to love. We have plenty of business experience from before expediting became our way of life and know we can bring that experience and maturity to bear for the right Owner.

If anyone has any ideals please let me us know, we would be glad to provide infomation and references.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It would depend on what you drove and the area you live in but I would contact as many companies as possible and just look for any opening if you are desperate for a job. Fleet managers are a dime a dozen with many usually waiting in line for an open position depending on the qualifications of the company. There are some companies that want a few years experience or an Associates degree which will limit competition. I would see about a position in safety since they are usually for former drivers and are a step above.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums