Flat Rate for Straight Trucks

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I became curious about the flat rate program for straight trucks and wanted to find out more about it.

Here is the info I was given:

"The flat rate pay plan that’s available for straight-trucks is simply an alternative pay plan. The trucks still run OTR, they’re not regional, or they’re not dedicated to any specific customer. Instead of receiving a percentage of the charge to the customer + fuel surcharge, the flat rate plan pays the same for each and every load.

The rate is $1.00 per loaded mile, + fuel surcharge, currently .32 cpm, for a total of $1.32 per mile. The biggest difference with the flat rate is that the $1.32 is paid for ALL miles, loaded or empty. On the percentage pay plan, you receive (currently) .32 per mile for your first 50 miles when you’re empty, and .42 per mile for all empty miles after that.

Other than being an alternative method of pay, nothing else is different."

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This is the first I have heard about a straight truck flat rate program. Did I not get the memo? Was this announced and I missed it? Thanks for sharing the info. EO members benefit their colleagues once again!

Two questions:

1. When you say you were told of the program, who told you?

2. I know what you wrote says nothing else has changed for straight trucks beyond what is described, but did your source say or hint anything at all about preferential dispatch for flat rate straight trucks?

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I have recently pondered this concept and yes I would be happy with $1.73 all miles if the playing field was level...
Meaning I don't have to sit anymore than I did 6 years ago:rolleyes:
My expense to maintain a reefer, c-link and Ameriscan more than levels the playing field with the flat raters.......
IMHO of course and when it comes to my bottom line "my humble opinion" is the only one I care about.
We aren't special but FECC is my brand of choice.
My specialty in the brand was built on folks making investments to grow the brand.
I can go any way at this juncture but I don't want to cause like any marriage you reap what you sow.
I don't want to be a quitter..Too old for that scene

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
This is the first I have heard about a straight truck flat rate program. Did I not get the memo? Was this announced and I missed it? Thanks for sharing the info. EO members benefit their colleagues once again!

Two questions:

1. When you say you were told of the program, who told you?

2. I know what you wrote says nothing else has changed for straight trucks beyond what is described, but did your source say or hint anything at all about preferential dispatch for flat rate straight trucks?

For more information on this program contact any FedEx CC recruiter or contractor relations. (That's where I got this info)

Preferential treatment was not discussed.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Whether or not it benefits Fedex or you, depends on the amount of deadhead...

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App