FL70 Question

klippencott

Expert Expediter
When I open the passenger side door on my FL70 there's a white plastic tank with a black screw-on lid. It looks like it is setting on the fuel tank but I guess it is bolted to the truck. Can anyone tell me what liquid should be put in it? It looks like it has water in it right now. I think it is the windshield washer tank but I would like to be sure before I put anything in it. It looks like it could hold about 2 gallons.

Thanks,
Kathy

Long Hauler 5T

Expert Expediter
Klippencott, You are correct in thinking that the white plastic jug is for windshield washer fluid. If it is like the fl 80 you will probably need a funnel to fill it. Also don't fill it right up or you will lose fluid out the breather hole from the normal motion of the liquid as you drive.

Hope this helps you

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Kathy it's really a JATO tank that gets JP 4 in it. When you need a quick getaway from an irate shipper hit the afterburner switch next to the J bar and you will hit 65 MPH in about 3 seconds. Also useful to leave the Hood areas.

The Gibster

Expert Expediter
LMAO!!
I did that in one Hood area and blew my Hooterflapper Valve right out of it! Had to get out my left-handed spangley wrench out to fix it. Painted myself 50' of flightline and zoomed outta there. That was close!

Try putting about a quart of straight ammonia in it from a grocery store . . . bugs wipe off easier. Ammonia may be hard to find in all but conservative areas - it's apparently an ingredient in meth production.

"I don't want to change the world, just clean your windshield".