Fixing Electrical Problems

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
When I came on the site today (after 5 days of fishing), I noticed several postings regarding electrical problems. I have had my truck services by Bill & Dave at Ecorse Electic (On Ecorse Rd., west of Middlebelt) near Detroit Metro Airport. They have handled a variety of electical problems I have had with my FL 70; including, alternator, wiring (in engine compartment, console, sleeper and box). They also installed my inverter and new batteries. They have also worked on my cars and trailers and I do recall that I have ever had to go back to have work redone. Their phone number is 734-729-3640. Best to call after 9:00 a.m. They like to work late, but not early!!!!!

Drive Safe

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Those are the best kind of places to find, independent shops who actually care about your problems and can fix them for you without a major hassle or expense. I have found many around where I like here in Buffalo, so in just about every instance where I need work done I use them. I might order the parts from Freightliner if they are special ones, but will have the independent shop install them. After you run for a while, you'll probably never go back to the dealer for service once the truck is out of warranty if you know the right local guys.
-Weave-