First time seeking owner Operator possibilities.

beagle9

Seasoned Expediter
I have a 1997 Nissan (UD) Utility Delivery Box Truck, in which I went down to FL. and drove back off a trade. It ran super all the way back to South Carolina (used no oil etc.) and with absolutely no problems what so ever. It is a 6 Cyl. Diesel with an Automatic Trans. that has 127,000 original miles on it. I have been using it around locally to work out of on small jobs, or to haul friends stuff when in need, but this truck should be making me better money, than in the way that it has been utilized by me thus far.

Any Ideas ?

I am a truck driver by trade, and I work for a company as a driver right now, but it would be nice to leave that type of situation behind someday, and become more self reliant or independent in life.

I have a perfect driving record, and can pass all background screenings with the F.B.I. etc. and I have a CDL-A type license, with tank and haz-mat endorsements. I just got my medical card renewed again for two years.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas on how to become independent, and to put a truck to work like I have.

angelfly

Seasoned Expediter
slow down and go back one year on here and read and learn any questions ask but just me with you truck id find something close to home, what ever you do research this business that way you have only you to blame for your decision, god bless be safe

beagle9

Seasoned Expediter
slow down and go back one year on here and read and learn any questions ask but just me with you truck id find something close to home, what ever you do research this business that way you have only you to blame for your decision, god bless be safe

Thanks for your reply, and yes the close to home type of haul is what I am looking to find hopefully, I'd say within a 150 mile radious or so.

One year eh ? Ok will do.....

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Depending on where you live, there can be a fair amount of short runs to keep busy with since a lot of folks are always looking for the long stuff. You'd better do your research well and ask any company you're looking at a lot of questions.

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
I have a 1997 Nissan (UD) Utility Delivery Box Truck, in which I went down to FL. and drove back off a trade. It ran super all the way back to South Carolina (used no oil etc.) and with absolutely no problems what so ever. It is a 6 Cyl. Diesel with an Automatic Trans. that has 127,000 original miles on it. I have been using it around locally to work out of on small jobs, or to haul friends stuff when in need, but this truck should be making me better money, than in the way that it has been utilized by me thus far.

Any Ideas ?

I am a truck driver by trade, and I work for a company as a driver right now, but it would be nice to leave that type of situation behind someday, and become more self reliant or independent in life.

I have a perfect driving record, and can pass all background screenings with the F.B.I. etc. and I have a CDL-A type license, with tank and haz-mat endorsements. I just got my medical card renewed again for two years.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas on how to become independent, and to put a truck to work like I have.

Hey Beagle,

It doesn't say where abouts your domicile is located or what the GVW of your UD is...Does it have a DOT legal size extended cab? Where you could go out past 300-500 miles and return after a rest??.
Anyway...a possible company to consider might be Towne Air Freight, if a terminal is close to you or an airport they service...You can check their website and locales. In my area, they are seeking local Straights, home daily, among other types of equipment. About all I know about them...Thought I'd pass it on.

Be Safe out there
A-Rex