Canada Finding your own loads from CANADA/US Border Cross

Frappini

Expert Expediter
I live in Windsor, ON (Canada). I am not to far from teh border crossing and I see the bridge just looking out my window. I can see trucks like every .00001 of a second crossing. Meaning within one minute I'll see like 40 trucks or so just driving back and forth. At times it will be backed up.

I also heard if your a Canadian driver or US Driver. You can't go in the other country. Pick up a load and deliver it into that country. Your only allowed to drop off a load and pick one up and go back to the other country. Meaning If your from the US You can't pick up in Toronto, deliver in Windsor and go to Detroit. You can only go Toronto to US.

I was wondering sites like getloaded.com or if there are any brokers who have loads going into Canada and US. I was thinking of TX but I don't see to much of TX going into Canada. Are there any websites where I can find brokers or anything like that? I got a friend who is an O/O and wants to go solo cause he is not happy with any companys really. They always try to screw you over in some way or another. So me and him are doing our own thing. I'll invest money and try to get loads for us and he does the driving.

Thanks, David.

bryan

Veteran Expediter
RE: Finding your own loads from CANADA/US Border C

Hi
He would have to get bonded by US customs.He would have to get a scac code and a PARS and PAPS number that gets registered to his company. Insurance for both countries. Sounds like a lot of headaches for just one truck.Check the truck papers they have at the truck stops there are always adds for operating authority lawyers.