finding an expedite job while living in south Alab

irrekatze 21

Expert Expediter
I have been looking soooo hard for a good expedite company and got burnt on my first time out with Panter II. My main problem is that I live in southern Alabama and most companies (or all) are up north. I have no felonies, a clean MVR, and a family to support. I love driving and want to keep at it. Please help me!!!!!!!!x(

the federation

Expert Expediter
RE: finding an expedite job while living in south

as another newbie seeking employment I am interested in your experience at pantherII. I have talked to other drivers and they also live in Florida like I do and they don't seem to have problem getting home I am assuming that was your problem. let us know what happened so we can make informed decisions too.
the federation

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Have you talked to All-State Express or Nations? They are both located in the south and can keep you busy.
-Weave-

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

Yes, type to us about your first time out. I'd
like to try and understand about whom got burnt.

the federation

Expert Expediter

weave I have seen all-state listed on the web site but no contact info for nations. are they located in the carolinas also? do you have any contact info for them? also any info about square routes out of ocala. I know one driver here who drives for them and I need to contact him.

Crazy Eddie

Expert Expediter

Well I was gonna start a thread called Who is Who in Southern Expediting, but this thread seems to fit the bill and I don't want to clutter the boards. So here goes,
I am wanting to get into expediting but I don't want to move north as I like the Atlanta,GA area just fine. I have no experience but I have a class B license and I can stay out four to six weeks easy, because I am single. Can anybody tell me what run companies run aroud the South or Midwest mostly?
Weave you seem to know a few things can you tell me how to contact All State or Nations if they run a lot in the South?

Thanks for any help from all you people in advance!!:7

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Nations is actually Nations-Way and located in Charlotte, recuiter name is Mary. and i think the website is. [www.nationsway.com]

vernon946

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

First, the link to Nations Way doesn't get you there. This one does:
www.nationsexpress.com/nations

Second, You will see all the major and minor expediting companies delivering freight to the Atlanta area. The thing for you to do is spend some time visiting the truck stops (The 2 Pilots and the T/A for example) and talk to the drivers sitting there. We laid over in Jackson last week while in the Atlanta express center and still got a load out of there.

Don't eliminate the companies from your search just because they are not physically located in the south. The key idea for you is, can you get loaded out of there and can you get loaded back there sometimes.

Vernon

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Contact Tim or Spencer from All-State at 1-877-PICKUP-5. They also have website www.all-stateexpress.com that has more information.
You'll have to dig up info for Nations on your own as they are not a proud EO sponsor.
-Weave-

straydog

Expert Expediter

hi i am also looking for a job in expediting i live in texas just north of houston. all i see is tri-state or panther.
does all expediting go to cananda? me and girl freind want to run team we both have bills to pay, is there money to be made doing this?
we are both ex otr 18 wheel truckers.
i like to hear some answers..please;-)

vernon946

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

I know FedEx CC also runs in and out of there. We enjoy Houston as we usually get out quickly. We stay at the Pilot twins there, and can't remember spending the night in the area.

We have been in Canada once since August, as most of our work has been back and forth across the country or bouncing around the south.

And a question for you; why not stick with driving an 18, as all the big expediting companies use them and need them too?

Vernon

straydog

Expert Expediter

we both have not drove 18 wheeler in a few yrs, i had a divorce i was going through, and my girl-freind got sick and had to get off truck she was team partner with, that sorry company had her get off truck in fontana ca, and she was living in monroe la, she was in pain with gaul bladder and made her walk to a motel did not offer any help.
so she is fine now and we are both new at this and hope to make a start and a go at it, plus if we can find a company that does this out of texas.
any one know of any ?

my e-mail addy is -->[email protected]