Fedex solo

noneya

Active Expediter
I am curious about running solo in a straight truck @ fedex cc. Do they give solo st miles or does solos sit more? Also, do they keep solo cv drivers busy?

SENT FROM YO MAMA'S HOUSE!

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Most of yhe solo FECC drivers I meet are either angry, or happy working niche markets they found. Like running cross border hops. Or working LA and San Diego local short runs.

FedEx is geared toward teams, which I'm sure your recruiter will tell you. Unless something has changed recently.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

jamom123

Expert Expediter
I am curious about running solo in a straight truck @ fedex cc. Do they give solo st miles or does solos sit more? Also, do they keep solo cv drivers busy?

I run solo FEDEXCC the most important thing i would ask you would be what area do you live near? If your near a busy freight area you could stay busy and still be home quite a bit. But if you live in a bad area you just have to find the good place to be. I would say fedex keeps me pretty busy, but you have to pay attention to where you go. Sure the load might pay well but if it's going to an area where you might sit a couple of days is it really worth it? Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I did very well as a solo D.
I live near Chicago. Go 250-400 miles from Chicago and you'll find freight.
Had Hazmat and Liftgate. They both helped.

noneya

Active Expediter
I run solo FEDEXCC the most important thing i would ask you would be what area do you live near? If your near a busy freight area you could stay busy and still be home quite a bit. But if you live in a bad area you just have to find the good place to be. I would say fedex keeps me pretty busy, but you have to pay attention to where you go. Sure the load might pay well but if it's going to an area where you might sit a couple of days is it really worth it? Good luck.

I live in Atlanta, GA. Thanks for your input!

noneya

Active Expediter
I did very well as a solo D.
I live near Chicago. Go 250-400 miles from Chicago and you'll find freight.
Had Hazmat and Liftgate. They both helped.

I don't have hazmat, but I do have a passport. That should help, right?

noneya

Active Expediter
Most of yhe solo FECC drivers I meet are either angry, or happy working niche markets they found. Like running cross border hops. Or working LA and San Diego local short runs.

FedEx is geared toward teams, which I'm sure your recruiter will tell you. Unless something has changed recently.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

I will never run team again!:banghead:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I don't have hazmat, but I do have a passport. That should help, right?

If you're close enough to Canada to do solo loads. I'd highly recommend getting hazmat.
The more you offer them, the more they can offer you.

jamom123

Expert Expediter
The best advice i would give you is if your brand new to being a O/O don't buy a brand new very expensive truck. Buy a good well taken care of truck. And use this site there are a lot of people on here that know what they are talking about. Anytime i have a question this is the place to ask. Good luck.

noneya

Active Expediter
The best advice i would give you is if your brand new to being a O/O don't buy a brand new very expensive truck. Buy a good well taken care of truck. And use this site there are a lot of people on here that know what they are talking about. Anytime i have a question this is the place to ask. Good luck.

Thanks

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Doesn't FedEx require hazmat anymore?

Stay safe
If you're close enough to Canada to do solo loads. I'd highly recommend getting hazmat.
The more you offer them, the more they can offer you.