FEDEX LTL/FREIGHT PROGRAM

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Thank you for printing Virgina's comments regarding the new programs at FEDEXCC.
Many of us have been aware for months of this new integration of service's.I don't consider myself a "company"man in the traditional sense,but I have spent my entire expediting life with FEDEXCC/WG(starting 7 years ago)
Virgina is a very bright individual, who has brought many good ideas to the table.She is very open to listening to the contractors,and getting her hands dirty on tough issues.I applaud her for being creative in her leadership,and truly putting the needs of the contactors (perhaps not always popular with all of us)at the top of her agenda.
By no means a perfect company,FEDEX is always looking for new horizons.We are kept up to date on not just the coming and goings of CC,but on the parent company as well.I find this encouraging,as the "family"of FEDEX companies are truly the "big bears"in the
transportaion and logistics woods.
I'm sure I speak for many contractors who have at times felt like the only thing we had in common with FEDEX Corporate was the logo on our trucks.Then they went and gave our colors to Kinkos!!!
But,in the long run,this integration with Freight,and the cross training of freight sales people,I believe,well bode well for us.
It does not mean we won't get stuck in El Paso,or some other exotic lay over,but it might mean we get out of Dodge a little faster.

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just finished reading all the threads, and I think that FECC is trying to feather their own nest by consolidating within their corporate structure. I always wondered why I got Fed Ex logistics loads, and apparently FECC did not. Your rates are high, but unless you are a team in a D unit, I see your trucks sitting a lot. If I wanted to sit, it will be at home, not in some dumpy truck stop. I may start carrying a bike around, to go sightseeing and get exercise when I'm down for a Sunday.

Guess I'm just wondering how would such a program have direct benefits to FECC owner/ops? Indirectly, by holding on to a customer base, yes, but when the call comes to an Expediting company, they need the freight moved asap. Shippers seem to call the higher rate company only when they are the only one around. Sounds to me like the addition of 400 trucks based on an increase of expedited freight is either wishful thinking, or covering more boards?