FEDEX CC New Dispatch Crap

paperback1

Expert Expediter
WOW!! I had a feeling this was gonna end up like this. It's always nice to see new folks come on here and bark and yell just to be noticed. I belive that the original question was on fedex's layover policy, and for others to comment on their company. The compay my trucks are leased to will tell you the number of trucks in the area, and what number you are in that rotation. They will also let you move anyplace you want, and will give you info on trucks in whatever area you are thinking of going to. I hate to see folks bashing any company just because they might not have had good luck with them. Remember, not every company is for everyone, that's why there are sooo many out ther. Be safe and try and have some fun out there, life is too short to be bitter:p

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I started to respond to this earlier and I was going to tell you Diva to get ready for a war, but I see now I slept the warning. Take yourself out of the box for a moment and read the 2 threads again. Although Dave spoke of some good points, he too is new to the forum, and came out the box with a bang. Dave may be saying these things from the heart, but I don’t think so. Why! Because if it was his belief, he would not feel the need to defend FCC. He would know all the whiners are full of BS, Which makes me think he has a motive, for coming out of the box like a tyrant, but I could be wrong. I still can’t figure out where people think they (FCC) are the first to try new things. For the most part, they will lay back and watch what the others are doing, and if it works, then they apply it. They are a big corporation and other than the top players, the rest of the people are just numbers. This is part of why they do not want drivers calling in; they will soon get rid of the open door policy too, if they did not do so already. What happened to the driver friendly theme? Where is the personal relationship going, or where has it gone? BIG CORPERATION!!! Most of the drivers know this before signing on, but they still sign on and then whine like big babies. What good is it for someone to come on the forum and whine about the company they’re leased to?

DIVA! Remember this! As long as FCC acts like BIG CORPERATION, and there is a forum there will be bashing. There will be new Michael Moore act likes, and Dixie Chicks coming out on this forum every day to bash FCC. Did you ever ask yourself why most of the other companies are not bashed like FCC?

As much as I hate members acting like THE FORUM RAMBO! I have to say Dave did come out as if, and started this friendly feud. He knew from all the negative feed back on FCC, he would be attacked for running to their aid.

I do agree with Diva on the grammar issue. Attack a person for what they say and not so much as to how they say it. We want members to feel comfortable posting and replying on this forum. Members shouldn’t be ridiculed for wanting to express themselves, or for asking questions. It is hard enough for some to respond, they shouldn’t have to worry about what someone is going to say about their spelling or their grammar. I noticed some other new members attacking the grammar of others. Ask yourself! How would you feel if it was done to you?

G!
I have no apprehensions, nor do I know logical. So, ponder that while having an appeasing sleep

gambler

Expert Expediter
teacell...i appreciate you advising diva to step back and re-read...as for my comment about the gentlemans use of the english language that was only in response to the tripe he was spewing.As far as diva goes i am still awaiting my "grammar check". also whoemever last posted and spoke of people coming on and trying to get noticed i will again say please SLOWLY re-read the posts prior to mine and then my own responses and you will see i didnt come in here to taunt, i just had to reply after reading the mess that was out there.

zingfu25

Expert Expediter
Teacel, what are you smoking? you said "all the whiners are full of BS." Thats hardly true. Maybe they are whining as you call it, because their lives, credit, self-worth have been shattered by that worthless company. They come here to vent which is allowed last I knew. You also said "they will probably do away with their open door policy." ???? Funny!!! If you call two guards at the front door a open door policy, I'd love to see closed door policy. (bring in the SWAT team).
Hey dieseldiva, when you are done reading your fedex cc handbook in your jammies, let me know. I got a ton of books that I read waiting for loads from fedex. And get this, I'll give them to you free, I know times are tough over there. Hang in there though, as fedex cc would say, "the busy season is coming right up". LMAO

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey Zing, I know this hit a nerve with you, and if the shoe fits then wear it. I’m smoking a cigarette, KOOL filter kings and was doing the same when I wrote that reply. If we were at a fuel stop I'd offer you one. I didn’t know you were still with FCC. I thought you were one of the few smart ones that were able to see the writings on the wall, and got out. My definition of whining is someone that is always repetitiously talking negative about someone or something, but doing nothing to change the negative into a positive. I thought you was that collage guy, driving his way threw school, that did work for FCC at one time, but did wake up one morning and smelt the coffee. I will repeat myself; the people that come to this forum to beat a company down, and do nothing to change what it is they are bitching about are whiners that are full of BS. If you are one of those unlucky people that Zing is defending as reason to whine, and you are still with FCC, then you are Double full of BS. The only thing I can say is if the shoe fits then wear it. There are some out there that are whining all the way to the bank every week. Venting is far more different than whining and yes Zing, venting was allowed last time I checked too.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Let me jump in here real quick....Tony, I LOVE that new sig file you have:

[h2]"If I had a dollar for every weirdo
I met on the web I'd be a millionaire."[/h2]

....classic! LOL! :7 :7 :7 :7

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------
Everybody is someone else's weirdo.
http://www.expeditersonline.com/weekly/Bean.gif
-----------------------------------------

zingfu25

Expert Expediter
Yes Tony, I am the undertaker in training, and No, I am not with FDCC anymore.(as of a year ago) But I was once one of the fools who thought it was a good company, like some of the ones on here now. I wouldn't have bashed the so called "open door policy", and other topics pertaining to them if I was with them. I would be in my own little dream land pretending everything is great if I was. I was just reponding to "all whiners are full of BS". Some whiners have valid points and are just ignored and titled as "whiners". These peoples lives have been damaged in many ways, but if they come in here, to this OPEN forum, and say anything, they get a bunch of sarcastic replies, and in a roundabout way, are told to stick a sock in it.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I ran for FedEx CC for a little while in 2000. I know, who cares, right? I am purposely leaving this thread alone to an extent, even though a few people posting on it are acting just the way those two fellows on RobZip's posting look. Maybe I'll come up with my own motto, and use that picture for it-
Weave- Simple solutions for simple people.

Whining about a company?- If you don't like them, go lease to another company. Simple enough???
Don't like your truck?- Invest in something else.
Don't like it altogether?- find a new career.

There it is friends, trucking owner-operatorship 101, no war or name calling required.
-Weave-

G

You are so Wrong on what you are saying About compaing truck's and as far as my spelling who cares, you knew what i was talking about and no fedex Does not have Company Trucks, If you think that your as crazy as your reply. Try writing something on here and then going back and fixing it after you done typed 20 words it won't let you fix it without removing all the words. I'm sorry you feel that way about FEDEX Custom Critical. But I'm far from Being an ##### kisser there i just do what's right. it's called having a choice to stay or go. But if there so BAD, then why do you stay.

And Your talking like you been there 20 yrs. You think what you want about me, I really Don't care. I have been called worse by better. My Father was in trucking for 35 yrs before he died and his father was and so was his grand father so it runs in my family. at one time there was over 15 people from family driving or fixing trucks. So I do know what I'm taking about. In this business you have to plan. but most don't. (people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan). I have made good moeny with FEDEX and TRI State and TST. it's because i Have learned there system and how it works. I would never tell anyone that they should go get a truck and just put it on with FEDEX. I tell someone who want to get into this business, that they should go drive for someone 1st to see if they even like it. And FEDEX doen't give me better loads because I say what i say it's on me. I just look at things Different than i did back in 85 when I fell off a load and cause a 3 hour service failure and told Robert's that i Quit. because i was listing to people that was talking so bad about them back then.
but yet still today i see the same people that was talking bad back then just put on a new truck with FEDEX. You see when tlk bad about them your talking bad about me and the other driver's that do like there job there. Do i get mad at FEDEX at time's.Yes i do, but over all there a good Company and i Enjoy working for them. Every Company has rule's and they have the right to change them, just like we have the right to take our truck's and go somewhere else. So if you don't like thing's a t FEDEX move on to another company. It's your choice, not mine. I just Think it's crazy to raise hell about the things that the driver's all have been asking for, they have been askking for it for a long time. then when they change it people thinks it's crazy and get upset on the very thing that they asked for. they still have an open door to all there driver's that's why at there new building it has a contractor Door that you go into. It's by all the people that can help you with there needs. And you can get what you want and go. Have fun people out on the road and be Safe out on the highways. And remember that without trucks the USA stops.

thanks David Mayfield

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
As Lawrence said Weave.. Amen!

You spelled it out perfectly. There are a lot of ups and downs in this business, and you either want to do it, or you don't... if you don't like one company, find one you like... if you can't find one you like, do something else. I personally chose expediting over local delivery, or regular OTR, simply for the flexibility and pay potential. With flexibility comes risk. You simply have to ask yourself a few questions.

What do I really want to do?
What is the price of my decision?
What am I willing to put up with?
What am I NOT willing to accept?

If you can't or are not willing to live with the downside to have the chance for a great upside.. this business is probably not for you.

To digress a moment.. On this point, I will have to give credit to Ateam... he has done more research going in, than 95% of potential expediters do.. I know he has done more than I originally did... I learned as I went... so... if Ateam doesn't make it, it won't be because he didn't do his homework...

Anyway... it still beats sitting in an office with the boss yelling over your shoulder!

gambler

Expert Expediter
david mayfield...please please believe if you have been with fedex since the robert days then you should KNOW they have co. trucks!!! ask ANYONE who has had a large fleet with them(ps. they're all gone now)or anyone who is tight with anyone high enough up...they absolutely have CO. OWNED TRUCKS!! and either YOU are one of them(explains your adoration for them) or you have seen one..they look like all the others but are owned by several high ups and even some not-so-high ups!!! any "old" roberts/fedex folks who are also aware of this want to comment??? ps. yes as a co. fedex eat a big d*** but the name recognition along with the many yrs of service to them keeps the trucks i have with them rolling!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Thank you, Dreamer. While we've worked hard to research companies, we'll never really know how things are until we jump in. This thread would be a lot smoother, I think, if people would simply accept the fact that a "bad" company for one person can be a "good" company for another. Each driver or team has his or her reasons for being in the business and set of expectations. For one driver, the company that brings you home a lot can be a great company. For another driver, one that wants to be out a lot, that very same company can be a bad company. It seems to me that managing your expectations in this business is at least as important as managing your business.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Gambler,

You've asserted several times in these forums that FedEx runs company trucks. That's not news. It's well known that FedEx Express trucks are company owned. Are you saying that FedEx Custom Critical runs company-owned trucks? If true, that's significant information for newbies like us. Could you elaborate on your assertion please? What exactly are you saying? Are you talking about B units only, D units? E units? What kind of company trucks is FedEx running and in what division.

Also, what evidence do you have of this? I've read all the posts in the EO forums for 12 months back. No one has ever made the claim you are making and no one has yet confirmed what you said regarding FedEx company owned trucks. Thank you in advance for your detailed response.

newthead

Expert Expediter
I just have to jump in here. FECC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of FDX Corporation. If some "higher ups or not-so higher ups " put on several trucks within FECC and hire on subs to drive them, that's different. Those individuals do not own the company in the sense they are representing FDX. If there ARE actual company owned trucks at FECC, their drivers would be full employees. If there are any out there, I for one would love for them to respond in this forum.

gambler

Expert Expediter
>Gambler,
>
>You've asserted several times in these forums that FedEx
>runs company trucks. That's not news. It's well known that
>FedEx Express trucks are company owned. Are you saying that
>FedEx Custom Critical runs company-owned trucks? If true,
>that's significant information for newbies like us. Could
>you elaborate on your assertion please? What exactly are you
>saying? Are you talking about B units only, D units? E
>units? What kind of company trucks is FedEx running and in
>what division.
>
>Also, what evidence do you have of this? I've read all the
>posts in the EO forums for 12 months back. No one has ever
>made the claim you are making and no one has yet confirmed
>what you said regarding FedEx company owned trucks. Thank
>you in advance for your detailed response.

well a-team it's more than an assertion. it's indeed true fedex c.c. has co. owned trks!! it is done very cleverly but you can believe me or not. as i have said b4 we go way bact to the good old days ..b4 f.c.c and we have some seriously strong connections that is how what i had heard rumoured for a while from some former large group owners,was confirmed. i cannot and willnot say to much as i said we still have trucks on that run very well. d+e 's but come the slow time it becomes "co. trks 1st" most people don't know or care but it's true..but that doesnt mean no one else is making $$ thats why we stay with most of our trk's the other thing they do is play games with hauling stuff for other fedex co's and dicounting the crap out of it etc etc the bottom line is the rich get richer!! they wheel and deal with discounts and the only ones losing are the o/o...i wish some of the "old timers" who KNOW where on this board i assure you they would concur...however you have obviously researched the biz well and i wish you much success

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The reason I asked Gambler to elaborate on his assertion that FedEx Custom Critical runs company-owned trucks is, if it's true, we'd like to research the opportunity to run for FedEx as a company team driving a company truck before we make a final commitment to our fleet owner and carrier of choice. Frankly, I had a hard time believing the gentleman's assertion because of what I read on the FedEx web site:

"The FedEx Custom Critical fleet is made up of 100% owner operators."

and

"The FedEx Custom Critical fleet is made up entirely of independent owner operators and the individuals who drive for them. We do not employ drivers. We are always looking for quality owner operators to become a part of the fleet."

But, as they say, you can't believe everything you read, so I asked Gambler to say more. Unfortunately, he did nothing more than re-assert his assertion with no backup data. So, given the choice between believing one or the other and in the absense of any factual data to the contarary, I chose to believe the FedEx statement.

Nevertheless, the idea of driving a FedEx Custom Critical-owned truck as a FedEx employee is an intriguing one. If there are any drivers out there now doing so, please let us know how you got your job and how it's going for you.

I'm not dismissing Gambler's assertion. Perhaps he can tell us where we might see one of these company owned trucks or how to contact one of these FedEx drivers.

RobZip

Expert Expediter
>"The FedEx Custom Critical fleet is made up entirely of
>independent owner operators and the individuals who drive
>for them. We do not employ drivers. We are always looking
>for quality owner operators to become a part of the fleet."
>
>But, as they say, you can't believe everything you read,

So judge the validity of the idea accordingly. The story I hear is that while there are no company owned trucks with company driver employees, there are trucks owned by various management and dispatch people. Its really hard to pin down an exact number but I seriously doubt it is any great percentage of the total fleet.

Do vehicles owned by such entities get preferential treatment? Probably. If you're naive enough to think that anyone at FedExCC will show you such a vehicle or disclose any dispatch details, get beyond that idea quickly.

The trucking industry is much like politics with some of the shady deals and unscrupulous characters involved. Overall you could probably do quite well with FedEx CC. But as Lyndon Johnson once said " I never trust a man till I've got his pecker in my pocket".

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
ATeam! Gambler is saying is that management, and/or employees of FCC own trucks and lease them onto FCC, just like you or I would do, and hire drivers to run them. He is saying they are the ones that have the advantage over the rest of the fleet, because they get the best trips, or the cream of the crop. If you are lucky enough to work for one of those so called owners, you will do okay. Of course this is all speculation.

Gambler, I think we all got the picture. You hate FCC, but you will use them as long as you can. You are saying a lot of negative things here about FCC. I hope if for nothing else you are getting some gratitude out of all this negativity. You say they have company trucks, but can you prove it? Can you get any of these employees of FCC to admit this is going on? Even if you could, is there any law or rules were they say these people that work for FCC, can’t own and lease a truck to them? If there is such a rule or law, and you can prove it, maybe you should focus all this negative energy on doing something to FCC, to prevent them from ever doing it again. A while back I posted this about the types of people that post on this forum. This was sent to me from a real special person. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind me inserting it. It will definitely present a point.
“I love the freedom we have and I love the fact that we can speak our mind openly - even here on this forum as it pertains to our industry. There are three kinds of posters at EO:
a. Community Minded
My favorite kind of member. These people contribute with their comments, ideas and suggestions, they really offer a lot to the online community. The generally tell you like it is and are always willing to help anyone. Down right good neighbors!
b. One Hit Wonders
These folks have a simple question and want a simple answer. They make one or two posts and then they just "lurk" in the background, reading the post but not participating until they have another question. They don't generally offer help to anyone else, but that's ok.
c. Hot Flamers
These posters generally come armed and loaded! They are angry and frustrated that no one at their company could or would address their issues so they think that they will get some action by posting their grievance here in the public for everyone to see. Typically, these posters never participate on any other topic or offer anyone any help whatsoever.
They are on a mission to vent.
We see them come and go and often wonder what became of their situation. Most of these posts while they may be factual - the poster is often very distraught.”
So I ask you Mr. Gambler! With all your wisdom and knowledge of this industry, which of the 3 are you. If I were to take a poll here on this thread, which of the 3 do you think the members would say would be #1. Where is the teaching and learning from you, to the new people, coming into this industry? They can only learn from our mistakes! But we have to tell them what they were. As I told you before = I have no apprehensions, nor do I know logical. So, ponder that while having antagonistic thoughts of this reply. Ah Go on I’m a big boy I can take it!!!!!! HAVE A NICE DAY!!! and PLEASE KEEP COMING BACK.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Teacel,

Re-reading this thread I do not see Gambler making any mention of FedEx management or employees running trucks they own. I do see him speaking quite clearly about FedEx Custom Critical company-owned trucks. Specifically:

"If you have been around as long as you say(which i KNOW to be true)then you are well AWARE of the COMPANY trucks i speak of."

"...they absolutely have CO. OWNED TRUCKS!!"

"...it's more than an assertion. it's indeed true fedex c.c. has co. owned trks!!"

I'm holding out hope that Gambler will speak for himself on this matter and clarify his statements. As I said before, If FedEx owns company trucks, I'd sure like to know more about the opportunity to drive one of them. Such an opportunity may be one of the best ways available to enter the expediting business.