Fed Ex CC and Solo???

Taz

Expert Expediter
I would like to hear from anyone who has been driving for Fed Ex CC as a solo driver. Can you make a decent living at this. I want to start solo with my wife joining me as a team in a couple of years. I do not own my own truck as of yet and would possibly prefer to drive for someone else until my wife can join me and then purchase my own. Are there other companies who are better designed for the solo driver. Any input would be appreciated.

Brandy

Expert Expediter
Well Taz your income all depends on what unit you will be driving, a B Unit, C Unit, D Unit, or E Unit. Then theres the precentage of what your gonna get from the gross pay, and not to mention what company the owner is gonna have his truck leased too. I'm not a recruiter so I'm not gonna throw any figures your way, but in a good economy with a good company and a 60/40 split with the owner of the truck, you can make some good money. I remember last year I was pulling in 8-10 grand a month running solo and that was considered a bad year. Not as bad as this year, but it still wasn't as good as the mid 90's when I heard freight was everywhere and was paying all kinds of money. If your wife joins you out their, your dam near guaranteed to make money out there. But remember since the new year, runs have been few and far in between so don't be surprised if you find yourself sitting out there with nothing to do and going broke everyday. Hope this helps you out in your quest to become a millionaire.

Sean

Taz

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the input Sean. When I decide to buy I plan on a D truck. Like I said I would like to start out by drivivng for someone else first. My wife really likes the idea of running as a team. But we are probably 2 years away from that if not 3. Gives me plenty of time to reasearch and make decisions. If you hear of any solid opportunitys for a solo driver let me know.