fecc no longer negotiating rates

jal2430

Expert Expediter
from the desk of the chief bottom feeder,professionally speaking my teams are my number one priority! when i am shopping for a truck,i would not go to bunk o junk to buy my next truck, but not to say if my engine guy says go and my body guy says go, guess what, i would buy from the bunk o junk dealer.i curently have ten trucks, all are class 8, two are super d units hauling 28 foot trailers, and the other 8 trucks stretched units. my opinion on the safety of the trucks is, when i go out a run, i am risking my life, so, or another way i am entrusting my life to the truck. all the trucks are in top,TOP,shape. any truck,any time, any weather, i would not hesitate to venture out, and more importantly,my crew feels the same way,so much for the condition of my trucks. as for the alliance, they're a tool,yes,some of the members are rascally, but guess what, no thank-you, and on to the next case. also we dont handle any of the big 3,we do honda,toyotaand nissan. the alliance is a source to make contacts for back-haul,just like. any of the load sources,except, usually the alliance members are looking to label their work expedite.we are the sharks in the goldfish bowl,for two of my customers, i will from time to time do work for them @1.50 per mile, only because they will call me and say if you can take this load,you,re gonna do it for this much, and it is payback for taking lesser pay on some jobs. all the rest pay 1.90 per mile, with the exception of the super D's, if the load is more unit e than d they pay for e rates. bottom line is, money that would be spent on a truckpayment is spent on my employees,yes they are employees well cared for,somtimes pampered,because they perform time after time above and beyond the call. back to the bottom line,which is resentment,when i was just starting out in expedite,i applied to one of the majors, and everything was going great, until they saw the truck,a 1987 s1954 and this was 1992 they told me come back when i got a newer truck.turns out they are one of my best customers. my truck was top notch conition,looked brand new but too old,and and darn my freight just became on-hand at ord,delayed by weather,a load for honda going to eagle pass,tx. hope it is warm down there. God bless hotshot(all)hotshot drivers long live expedite