FDXCC Year 2000 Annual Gross #'s

aggavation

Expert Expediter
FDXCC Sent me this as part of their recruitment package. Keep in mind, it's for the year 2000
Are these numbers correct? Is this what you can expect to make as a contractor? How hard do you have to run to get #'s like these. All comments please. If you don't see the attachment, email me and I will send it to you. [email protected]

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Now, come one, come all.. FedEx CC D units... How many of you are averaging $1.44 per mile loaded? Maybe, and only maybe, White Glovers?? Doubtful even still.
I ran solo with them early last year. Here are my figures:
(And I did do some hazmat runs for White Glove- FedEx CC actually loved me as I did a great job while I was there! Those runs paid well, but they forced so many low paying B unit runs on me....)

Average run- 338 miles.
Average pay per mile- $1.03 (Oh how they LOVED to discount!)
Average loads/week- 3
Average loaded miles a week- 1000-1100 (And keep in mind I live in Buffalo which has a good amount of outgoing freight.)
Average D/H- Didn't care as I hated them so much I didn't keep track

The "miles per week" on the sheet cannot be loaded miles or the numbers don't add up. Teams vs. solos. Look carefully at this. BIG difference. Why don't they show White Glove vs. non? Whatever happened to Autoquick?? (Hee-Hee). These things make a big difference to a newbie. Tell Mr. Recruiter to look at this and tell you what he thinks, and decide what you think. I would not bother running solo with FedExCC, that's for sure. I don't think I could tolerate them as a team either. They treat you like an employee, not a contractor.

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If I could have had numbers like that, I would still be there. Ran as a team for 1 1/2 years with them and didn't do too bad. Still not as good as they are showing you. I then ran for 4 months single and almost went broke. I almost lost my truck. Getting out of there was the best thing I have ever done. Weave is exactly right.

FJK1954

Expert Expediter
I HAVE JUST FINISHED MY FIRST FOUR MONTHS WITH FEDX C.C. I RUN A D UNIT SOLO OUT OF CENTRAL ILLINOIS. HERE ARE MY TRUE NUMBERS I PULLED OFF THE WEBSITE ON FRIDAY. AVG. PER LOADED MILE $1.33 AVG. TOTAL MILES 0.75 TOTAL INCOME TO DATE 19,271.12 MULTIPLY THESE TIMES 3 AND THAT SHOULD GIVE YOU SOME IDEA WHAT IS FAIR ESTIMATE OF ANNUAL INCOME POSSIBLE.

EVERYONE TELLS YOU SOLO CANT MAKE IT IN THIS BUSINESS, I STRONGLY DISAGREE....I RUN WHEN I WANT, GO HOME WHEN I WANT, AND I WORK HALF AS HARD AS I DID IN A BIG RIG AS A COMPANY DRIVER YET MAKE MORE MONEY.

SO, IT WAS THE RIGHT DECISION FOR ME. FRANK [email protected]

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Useing your figures, you averaged about 1605 miles per week. I'm not going to say it's impossible, but doubhtfull. What was your percentage of availability? Out of your $19271.12 how much were your expenses? You must be the only D unit out there. I don't see too many of them any more. Save what you can, because it's almost Jan. Sure you aren't a recruiter? Maybe one of those friendly dispatchers?

Eight Ball

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If living in central Illinois my guess would be that most of his loads come from the Chicago area as this is definately the only area I've never sat in longer than a couple of hours before being dispatched.

treeman

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
FJK's numbers are from the busiest quarter of the year and include the surge in freight after 9-11. I don't believe he will duplicate those numbers in the next quarter,so it would not be right to multiply that number by 3. Also working out of the Chicago area is an advantage in my opinion also. Call dispatch and see how many trucks are sitting at your home express center,see wat thier dwell time is. Ask how many loads have gone out in the past week etc;. This will give you an idea of how busy it is,or isn't.I'm not one of the guys looking to knock FedEx, I have made a living with them, but in all honesty those numbers seem rather inflated. Ask if they include white glove trucks, that would raise the money to load or mile ratio. If I had a truck payment of $1000 or more I would be in trouble.Is that FJK's gross,or net? Good Luck to you in any case!

treeman

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
OK, 77% availability means working about 280 days.145 loads means picking-up,driving and delivering a load about every 46 hours. Average miles come to about 311 a day (every day!). If you figure about 6 hours to complete the run, your average wait time is about 40 hours. That means you are getting a load every other day!(on average).These numbers also indicate that you are being offered about 205 loads,of which you are accepting 145. That means you are turning down 1.5 loads a working week(still 7 days). That means you are getting a load offer every 32 or 33 hours. Thats better than an offer every day and a half. Subtract 6 hours for the run you did accept and your average waiting time 'till your next offer is down to 24 or 25 hours. That sounds pretty good to me. I'll leave it up to others to comment on wether or not this is what you should expect. Good Luck!