FDCC on TV

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A local TV station did a piece on FedEx Custom Critcial on April 22. It can be seen online. Click here to view. The piece on FDCC starts seven minutes, 30 seconds into the video.

Your comments?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The video prompted a sense of embarrassment in me; not about the company but about not knowing the company strategy.

FDCC CEO Virginia Albanese talked at length about the good communications that go on in the company and how that helps people know the company strategy. As I watched the video it dawned on me that I do not know the company strategy.

It led me to wonder, have I not been listening? If it was communicated to me, where and how did I miss it?

Can someone tell me please, what the FDCC company strategy is? I feel it is something I should know, like I know the Purple Promise, but I am embarrassed to admit that I don't.

MYGIA

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
No, I don’t think you have missed it. I don’t believe the strategy has ever been clearly spelled out in specific terms to contractors. In general terms I have frequently heard about aggressive sales efforts, a strong focus on growing the business and some discussions about renegotiating discounted rates. Again, all in very generalized terms.

Clear and informative communication is essential in all realms of life and the business world. FedEx would not and could not be the success it is if they were not successful in the arts of communication. I believe the piece mostly addressed communication within the organization, more specifically, there at the corporate office for Custom Critical. Virginia did reference some specific communication tools available to contractors via the new MCP 200 units, but some have not yet been rolled out.

I thought the broadcast was interesting and well done. Pretty much a PR piece; which is good and appropriate for a company as large as FedEx, with a strong presence in the community and one that employees a significant number of employees in the area.

Reactions: 1 person