Favoritism or not???

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Just this past week I asked for details of the flat rate program, and was told it was the same rate empty or loaded.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums mobile app

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
That is what I understand as well from different people we know running the program.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Could be they work for an owner on a program that dh works better for the owner than drivers.
Anything is possible.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
That is what I understand as well from different people we know running the program.

What people are told may be different from what others are being told. With that said, I am in a flat rate and know only what I am told and see in my paycheck. I am not saying that you are incorrect, just that information can be told in a fashion that seems to be as you say, but in reality, is not so.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
All I am saying is that what may be true for one fleet owner, may not be the same for other fleet owners. There are different programs, from what I understand.

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
There is only one flat rate contract offered by FECC and it is a set rate based on the truck (C,D, or E), and it pays that rate on all miles DH or loaded. As mentioned above; an O/O might be paying his drivers differently but he is receiving the rate for all miles. JMO Jack

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Flat rate to me sucks....was doing that for about a month . When our reefer truck got into that accident. A lot of driving and bs loads. I'd rather drive a reefer and play the bidding game

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Flat rate to me sucks....was doing that for about a month . When our reefer truck got into that accident. A lot of driving and bs loads. I'd rather drive a reefer and play the bidding game

Yes Sir thats right. Flat rate doesnt pay tolls especialy in NY Nor does it pay the fuel. If you look in the trucker paper there is an article on Dry boxs, flatbeds and Reefers and the Rate per mile. Thats before fuel surcharge. Reefers were 2.60 a mile then fell to 2.53 amile before fuel surcharge. Dry Vans were about 2.09 amile before fuel surcharge. Its all in the Trucker paper go get and read it for your self. Also July mabe a slow month. Shippers maybe call and get quotes for loads get a truck then canx the loads not a good feeling. Maybe I should have said to Heck with my Medical Apt and just went ahead and took that load back to Texas the other day. Maybe I made that dispatcher mad that called me. So many times I put the Comapany first and my self 2nd I go by this the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few or the one. But this time the needs of the one outweighed the needs of the many. So I did what I did I said no even when called. The same goes for loads that dont pay for the tolls cant do them why put the truck the truck in the red unless your in a bad area and need to get out. 2006 a gentleman told me taken every load if it dont pay dont do it. Since that day, lot of things have change. Im not Mikey that will do anything. One last thing if you your Tractor and trailer weigh 39750lbs and they offer me a load 40000lbs haz or not do you realy think it can be scaled. Think about it in a perfect world and if my tanks werent full maybe but with full tanks and a reefer nope What looks good on paper in the Real World will not always work. Somthing to keep in mind. Not worth the Headaces on the scales.

Last edited:

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I think their dispatch system is set up to choose the closest unit to the pu so they pay less DHPU fuel costs. One time I was checked into Nashville and was #1 in dwell time. A load opp came over that picked up the next day, that was a great load. Another unit that checked in after me was parked closer to the pick up, and other B unit got the load. I called up and complained, and they said, I should have gotten the load, but the computer showed the other van as the #1 choice for the load. So it must be set up based on who is closest to the pu, when <75 status isn't involved.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
It is not always based on who is closest or who has the most dwell time. There are many factors that are taken into consideration by the Dynamic Vehicle Allocation System. Unfortunately I don't think anyone knows what they all are or how it is weighted.:)