EZ Pass

mikecop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
About two months ago I started using EZ Pass in the East (NY, NJ, MD, MA). What a difference!! Time through toll booths is much faster, you are not constantly looking for money to pay the toll, and you don't have the problem of getting in the EZ Pass lane at the last minute with cash payment. You can set up your account with NY with either cash payment, and they advise when you are down to $10.00 so you can replenish your account, or you can use a credit card to sete up the account, and when you are down to $10.00 they automatically replenish your account. You can check activity on your account on the Internet anytime 24/7. One of the windows in their customer program shows your last 3 transactions, and one of the windows shows your last 50 transactions.

Although PA uses EZ Pass, it isn't set up for trucks. They have a very small "cars only" sign just as you enter the EZ Pass lane after it is too late to change lanes), so PA can be a problem if you don't know that trucks can't use the system. If you go through EZ Pass and don't get a ticket, they charge the max amount at the exit point. Guess how I know that!! Fortunately, I went the entire distance from NJ to OH, so I would have paid the max anount anyway.