Express-One news

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They lost a major contract to a unknown bidder at this time. Check out the article it's up to 90% of their automotive business. They feel that auto freight is going to drop to 15% of their business come Febuary.

Express-1 Expedited Solutions Announces Loss of Its Primary Contract Within Its Express-1 Dedicated Business Unit: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

We never seen any work from that division anyhow...no big deal....the good news is that we be projected as doing only 15% of cheap automotive....

dodgeboy

Seasoned Expediter
I just don't see why Ford would get rid of Express-1 when their record of service is outstanding. This just goes to show you that there is no loyalty in the world of business. I know "even as a driver" that I would be upset because we take our jobs very seriously and we service the customer in order to retain their business for our carriers. This is just mind boggling behvaior on Fords part and the only thing that we can do if hope the next company "really f's things up!"

Here is the full article in case anyone wants to read up on this.

Evansville Distributor Loses Primary Contract - Newsroom - Inside INdiana Business with Gerry Dick

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Someone prolly came in with a lower offer...and Ford went for it....Now Ford will have to deal with new contractors and deal with the mess-ups for awhile....Evensville had thier own leet of owners...we didn't do anything for them....completely different unit from Express-1 Expedite division.

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
Not sure if Panther got the contract or not because we had two cheap loads from Ford last night. They were one mile loads going from the factory to Ford in OH. They only allow one piece on each truck. Both loads were 2,000 pounds and they sent a truck for each. No wonder they need Federal help. I don't think that Express One is at fault. I just think LTL is a cheaper way to go right now.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Eric....no no....They are not talking Ford for Expedite...Express -1 had dedicated service to the Ford Dealers...supplies and parts for the dealerships....this has nothing to do with expedite...