Express 1 forum

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Hmmm tried to answer a question by Jack in the E-1 forum but it wouldn't let me post there. lol

Jacks question was "what went on" concerning the last 2009 telephone conference. I did have the opportunity to listen in on the conference call and was totally amazed. They were speaking of the high volume of loads for the quarter? I believe the words used were "best quarter in the history of the company." They said October and November continued to see "record setting" business.

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did you go through the steps of "How to post in this fourm"?

Where's thr freight....like....Where's the beef?

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Did you go through the steps of "How to post in this fourm"?

Where's thr freight....like....Where's the beef?

Well ahhhhh. . . No Steady Eddie lol guess I didn't. Guess I thought you just clicked on the little post a reply button? So I clicked on the little button and a little ruler jumped out and whacked my fingers. Said I didn't have permission to post in that forum. lol :D

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmmm OVM Can't help wondering. We sat for 5 days in Ohio. lol I couldn't see how anyone could sit for 5 days in Ohio. Like dead center of the freight lanes. hmmmmm :confused: Doesn't seem to matter too much where we are, same story, no freight. :eek:

OVM can't help it...He is the chosen one!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmmm OVM Can't help wondering. We sat for 5 days in Ohio. lol I couldn't see how anyone could sit for 5 days in Ohio. Like dead center of the freight lanes. hmmmmm :confused: Doesn't seem to matter too much where we are, same story, no freight. :eek:

5 days in Ohio eh?

Maybe your owner should fork over some of them bonus bucks they get when you do run..eh? Since they put you into this jam to begin with...:rolleyes:

memo to Eddy...that will cost you one pickle!:D

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Well OVM, I will have to say Brian is one of the nicest and most honest owners you will find out here in this industry. I say that and very much mean it. If he is getting a bonus for his trucks then I am happy for him. There are a lot of expenses involved in owning these trucks, truck payment, fuel cost, fuel taxes, maintence, repairs, licensing, tags, insurance, escrows, truck recoverys, bad teams that destroy the truck, ect. . . If we are not happy with the miles we are getting you can bet he isn't either, after-all he is the one putting out the revenue to keep these trucks going. As for Express 1 the jury is still out, we have not been with E-1 long enough to form a concrete opinion as of yet. Trust and loyalty is built over time. :)

iluvburritos

Seasoned Expediter
" I will have to say Brian is one of the nicest and most honest owners you will find out here in this industry. I say that and very much mean it."

I have to second that statement. I been driving for Brian for over 1 1/2 years and he is a great guy. I been in the business for 5 years now and there is some high moments and low moments in this industry. The thing is you need to be willing to take the good with the bad. Thats the business. :D

One more thing I like to address, :confused: I can't understand why there is people out here that like to brag about the miles they are getting and it is not true. What do they get out of lying? :rolleyes:

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
" I will have to say Brian is one of the nicest and most honest owners you will find out here in this industry. I say that and very much mean it."

I have to second that statement. I been driving for Brian for over 1 1/2 years and he is a great guy. I been in the business for 5 years now and there is some high moments and low moments in this industry. The thing is you need to be willing to take the good with the bad. Thats the business. :D

One more thing I like to address, :confused: I can't understand why there is people out here that like to brag about the miles they are getting and it is not true. What do they get out of lying? :rolleyes:

Ya know, I have wondered that before too. I never lie about how many miles I get. If I am doing great I will say I am doing great. If not I will say I am not doing so great. LOL. Had 3 really really good weeks, then three really really bad weeks now this past week has shaped up a little. Hoping and praying really hard that this past week means things are going to get better. :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

How can one tell whom is lying about their miles unless they have an office contact...

iluvburritos

Seasoned Expediter
How can one tell whom is lying about their miles unless they have an office contact...

It's easy....My b/s meter starts to ring out of control when it hears these chosen ones speak their garbage. Truthfully, we have been around long enough to know the trends and the climate at any given time, to know whether people are full of it or not. Enough said.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's easy....My b/s meter starts to ring out of control when it hears these chosen ones speak their garbage. Truthfully, we have been around long enough to know the trends and the climate at any given time, to know whether people are full of it or not. Enough said.

If it smells like, looks like..it usually is....:rolleyes:

iluvburritos

Seasoned Expediter
Thats been my experience as well, unless someone posts it on the internet it can't be trusted

Hell anyone can post BS on the internet. I would want to see the check.:)