Experience/Advice on switching to expedite career.

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
Considering moving back from Europe and getting into Expediting. I have been reading forums for 2 last years and really enjoy the posts. I really miss being on the road and being in USA. This forum is about the closest I can get to either one right now.

Plus for me in Expediting move.
1) 20+ years of traveling experience with e350 vans and box trucks. Understand the road and understand how to run safe. Logging no problem. Ran cross country for trade shows about 35 weeks per year.
2) 5 years own a Computer Shop. Good with technology like GPS, Laptops, fax etc.
3) Know how to watch expenses and very organized/on time in running business. Never missed a trade show in 20+ years for any reason.
2) Have money for own van or box.

My question is starting out with a medium carrier (Bolt, Panther, etc) using a CV or 12ft Box truck(cargo max, supreme) would I be in the salary range of 40-50K before taxes?

I would imagine to be running 26-27 days per month. I understand no one can give me an perfect answer as many variables involved. I am just asking if it would be a reasonable assumption I could come close to these numbers.

Thanks,

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Considering moving back from Europe and getting into Expediting. I have been reading forums for 2 last years and really enjoy the posts. I really miss being on the road and being in USA. This forum is about the closest I can get to either one right now.

Plus for me in Expediting move.
1) 20+ years of traveling experience with e350 vans and box trucks. Understand the road and understand how to run safe. Logging no problem. Ran cross country for trade shows about 35 weeks per year.
2) 5 years own a Computer Shop. Good with technology like GPS, Laptops, fax etc.
3) Know how to watch expenses and very organized/on time in running business. Never missed a trade show in 20+ years for any reason.
2) Have money for own van or box.

My question is starting out with a medium carrier (Bolt, Panther, etc) using a CV or 12ft Box truck(cargo max, supreme) would I be in the salary range of 40-50K before taxes?

I would imagine to be running 26-27 days per month. I understand no one can give me an perfect answer as many variables involved. I am just asking if it would be a reasonable assumption I could come close to these numbers.

Thanks,

Well, I passed this up to let some of the experienced vanners reply, but......

From the research I have done, I think your numbers are possible. But I think they are above what most consider something to count on. I would figure 30-35.