Expediting Company Called ME!

BillyG

Active Expediter
I got in touch with an owner, who I'd found in the classifieds of this fine website, about driving with Tri-State. That has been about two weeks ago. I was approved by Tri-State to work with them, and the owner set me up immediately for orientation. But I told him, I haven't worked in awhile, and I doubt my ol' Honda would make it up there from Alabama in the shape that she was in, so I would probably ride the 'Hound. But the only thing was, because I haven't worked in awhile, my funding department's on the short side, and I don't even have the money to ride the 'Hound to Toledo.

Anyway, this was two weeks ago. Long story short, someone from Tri-State (I won't reveal this person's name) called me this morning, wanted to know if I was still looking for a job. I said yes, but I had no way of getting to Toledo until about 2 weeks from now, when I'm expecting payment for some work that I did. Tri-State says "Don't worry about that, I'll get you up here." So she's working to get me a co-driver now and hopefully, I'll be attending orientation Monday. Just wanted to share that.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
You must have a great resume and references for them to do that. That's really unheard of nowadays. Good luck and don't let them down.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Or they are paying his way there and just take out money for it later...lol..thats the real world...but i hope and wish you all the luck.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

BillyG

Active Expediter
Thanks guys. Figured I wouldn't hear nothing back 'til next week. But I hope it works out. Haven't worked in quite a while, need some greenbacks in my pocket quick!

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Make sure to spend some time reading the forums on freight and safety issues. Best of luck.