Expediting companies

Freking56

Expert Expediter
Is their any expediting companies in or near Florida? I think Landstar is in jacksonville, fl but I looked at their website and they want you to have a class A cdl.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Most large carriers have drivers based in Florida, however they are dispatched all over the country.

If you are looking for a carrier to keep you in or around Fl - it's not going to happen.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Sacred cows make the best burgers

"So tell me, are those cookies made with real Girl Scouts?"

Sometimes the squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease, it just gets replaced

You can't tell a book by its movie

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

dukesadog

Expert Expediter
That Landstar in Jacksonville is just the corporate office, you need to go to the Landstar Express america or whatever the expediting division is called...they have a different web page.

Here's another fact about Florida...even the Squirrels cant get any freight...thinnest looking squirrels I ever saw...

dukesadog

mvbn1

Expert Expediter
If you just looking at getting started in expediting, you might want to consider looking into a local courier company. I started by working for a courier company (as an O/O) that did long haul runs. All of the loads where out and back, but it gave me some kind of idea about getting into expediting with one of the "big" companies.

I ran with the courier business for about 2 1/2 years, ran almost 100,000 miles a year, and yes, i made money. Not lots, but I did make money. If your just getting started, make sure you look into all of your options before getting in too deep.

G

You will get occasional expedited loads to Florida, but there is almost no expedited freight coming out of Florida. I got a great weekend load of military hardware from Chicago to Miami a while back. Paid almost $2k. It was awesome, except I had to deadhead 400 miles to get loaded after I delivered.