expediting career

ghostrider

Active Expediter
Hi All, I'm in my early fifties and have a class A cdl with tx endorsement and although I dropped hazmat I can get it back. I also have my TWIC and passport. never got a moving violation-ever- and have had Chaufers lic. or CDL since 18. I lack recent otr experience now want to get into expediting as a co-driver in either a tractor or straight truck and learn the ropes. I am seeking your opinions on going about this,which truck is the busiest' and anything esle you can add. Thanks Much

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I would check with Panther or FedEx to get started.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I talked to 1 TT solo driver for Panther that was happy and have heard a few teams in ST are happy. I would send Bruno a PM and talk with him, he is a fleet owner and has some ST with Panther. Right now ST and TT are doing well so you should be fine with either, I would lean towards a ST for expedite.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

tigerlily3

Seasoned Expediter
A gr8t company to drive straight trucks for is TriState Expedited Services. I've been a team TT driver now for 3 yrs. TriState is very busy and is offering a sign on bonus for straight trucks O/Os. They also have good O/Os looking for drivers to subcontract on to TriState (if you don't have your own truck). I'm actually in the process of switching from a TT company driver to an straight trk O/O. The earning potential is much greater and I'm looking forward to getting from under forced dispatch being a company driver. The best part is having more control and power of ownership.

Good Luck,
Tigerlily