Expediters Invited to Use Our Gym!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We recently had a Google Virtual Tour of our Anytime Fitness club done. Take a look and stop in to use the gym if you are in the area.

If you are an Anytime Fitness member, your key will work here as in all other Anytime Fitness clubs. If you are a guest, the normal day rate is $10, but because Diane and I admire expediters (former expediters ourselves), you can use the club free for a day.

Notice the showers. When building this club, we spent more money than many clubs do to build nice showers. Having used showers on the road for 10 years, we know the importance of a nice shower.

Sorry, overnight truck parking may be tricky here. There is no room in back. Day truck parking is done without trouble in the front lot. We never see trucks stay overnight. The police here have a reputation for being picky about the little things.

Club Web Site

Anytime Fitness Port Orange
3761 S Nova Road, Suite E
Port Orange, FL 32129
(386) 243-5640

(Mile Marker 256 on I-95)

Last edited:
Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks Phil. I just might do that if I ever get to Port Orange.

artie

Seasoned Expediter
A TEAM thanks for the invite,I've just become a member last Saturday and it's because of you and Diane.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
That's great to hear, Artie. I believe your key will activate to work in all Anytime Fitness clubs 30 days after you join. You are welcome to come in during staffed hours. After hours, and before your 30 days pass, give us a call and we'll figure out a way to get you in.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does the parking problem affect vans as well?

I checked the no-park Walmart list, and P.O.'s is on it, so the cops must be picky :(

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Does the parking problem affect vans as well?

I checked the no-park Walmart list, and P.O.'s is on it, so the cops must be picky :(

The issue has not come up before so I honestly don't know. All I know is I have never seen a truck park overnight in any retail lot in Port Orange. Some of our gym members are cops. I'll ask them when I next see one.

When we moved in, the landlord told us he has been called by the police who asked him to tow trucks away that had parked overnight and were left unattended. That happened most often during Daytona Beach Bike Week or Daytona Speedway events, he said.

I have seen RV's parked overnight in our lot but never for more than one night, and that has only happened a couple times.

When Diane and I were on the road with a straight truck, we spent many nights in a good number of Anytime Fitness lots around the country. It was great using the gyms and showers while on layovers between loads. Sadly, that does not seem to be an option for expediters here.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It pains me to say this, but after speaking to a Port Orange police officer, I learned that the City of Port Orange is intentionally as anti-truck as it can be. This explains why Diane and I have never seen a truck park overnight in our mall parking lot, or any other lot in town.

Local officers are directed to run off any truck that is parked on any street or parking lot. Retail lots are considered quasi-public property and the cops will intervene if they see a truck parked in a retail lot for long. They do not wait to receive a complaint. Seeing the truck is enough for them to act. In this city, it's do your pick up or delivery and get out now.

It's the same for RV's. No RV parking anywhere except RV parks.

A cargo van will not attract the same daytime attention as a truck because commercial vans are often seen parked in retail lots. Indeed, a good number of our members drive commercial vans in their daily work and come here to work out mid-day. However, once the malls close and there is no reason for a commercial van to be there, it is virtually certain that an officer will investigate. In this city, it is illegal to sleep in a vehicle. If you are caught sleeping in your car or any other vehicle, you can be cited for a misdemeanor offense.

Port Orange is known as "picky." As we talk to residents here and learn more, many like it that way. They don't want trucks around. They don't want people living out of their cars in their city.

It would not matter if we gave permission for a truck to park in our lot. While we have certain rights in and around our leased property, the city's rights trump them.

I asked the officer (a club member) if he would let it slide if a bobtail tractor or straight truck parked here while the driver worked out. He said he would probably let that slide if he knew that is what the driver was doing, but if the truck was still there a couple hours later, he would cite it.

He did not say so, but I got the sense that it is not a good thing for the officer himself to leave a truck sitting without citing it before he or she goes off shift.

I'm sorry, drivers. I wish I had a more pleasant story to share.

Last edited: