Expediter Services for one truck fleet

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
I know that I can call ES for information, and I Will, but I would be interested in learning about anyone's actual experience in signing on ONE truck with ES. Particularly interested in insurance and or fuel discounts. Thanks ! Gary.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'd like to see some actual fuel prices, to compare to the FedEx price on any given day.

Insurance: I saved money by leaving FedEx's program and going with CIS/Progressive two years ago.
A friend went Progressive to Fedex's program and saved money last month.

Moral: be constantly checking.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
what are you wanting to do exactly. buy a truck through ES and take it to a carrier through them or do you have a truck and want to take it to a carrier through them.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
I'm trying to implement a fuel savings reward program for my owner.ize h Hoping to save some money on fuel by slowing our roll by 5 MPH, and maybe increasing our discounts at the Majors. Right now it's usually 65mph, And most of the time we fuel at TA for the best discount. Owner pays for fuel so honestly, we don't pay nearly enough attention to fuel costs or savings, other than keeping our out of route to a minimum and minimizing our idle.

I'd love to implement something where we can show how much we saved by driving slower, and maybe get a cash incentive once or twice a year for attaining a fuel savings goal.

Something like that.

Last edited:

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
We drive through ES's owner opp program. I'm not sure the fuel discounts are much better. The insurance on the other hand was considerably lower than what I found elsewhere.