Expediter imfo please

Rorygb

Active Expediter
Has any one ever used the services from Expediter Services. Do you know how they work and is it cost effective to work through them to line up a job with an expediting company. Any information will help.

Thank you.

Trying to get started in the industry.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't personally know much about them but if you use the search function here you'll find them discussed a number of times. As I remember a lot of positive feedback on them.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Has any one ever used the services from Expediter Services. Do you know how they work and is it cost effective to work through them to line up a job with an expediting company. Any information will help.

Thank you.

Trying to get started in the industry.

I used them to get my start into driving. They also helped me get started when I wanted to buy my first truck. I recommend them.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First question is how much if any experianced in trucking do you have? Pay and volume are often based on this.
I haven't worked for them personally but I did talk with them a couple years ago and I think they are a leasing company. This is not a bad thing but, keep in mind, if they are a broker, leasing company, or fleet owner, they as well as any expedited company is in business to make money with your truck.
The primary expidite company we will call them company A.
They will secure work with the shippers. They don't have any drivers available so they hand off the job to company B and keep a percentage.
Company B may be a leasing company or fleet owner, or they work as a fleet owner or as a broker of sorts for a percentage. They may not have a driver available then they hand the job to you. If everything goes right and the job is not under bid by company A, the job still has enough money on it for you to make a reasonable profit.

Now, this is where it sometimes gets tricky...
You have an exclusive contract, this means you and your truck are dedicated to them only and you cannot find any other work no matter how slow it is. This includes side work, Your truck carries what, where, and when they say.
They often have requirements for insurances, truck year, make and model, you may be required to use thier venders for vehicles, insurance, equipment, and repairs, and you usually are required to have an escrow.
Now this is not all that bad so long as the jobs are bid and they pay right, and they can keep you loaded and rolling.
They take the financial risk when it comes to payment their sales team looks for the work, and as long as you get the delivery done with a clean bill of lading you typically get paid weekly.

For a newbie I recommend this option it he's you get up and going and allows you to learn the business. Remember, it's always advised to have a lawyer look over the documents BEFORE SIGNING ANYTHING.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
1.Check him or her out real good.2. Get all the info on them you can phone numbers of all family members, even there dog name.3.Put a tracking device on the truck in case you wake up one day and can't get in contact with your driver ( sometimes it takes months to locate your truck) 4. Put in writing that they have 48 hours to return your truck to you in case the contract is broken.(the D A Office can't help you without it)...I hate to say it but in these day and time its hard to trust many people.Remember the good drivers already have jobs, in our business its like looking for a diamond in rock pile. Good luck, i'm sure you find one even if he can't speak english (lol).Been there done that and got the t shirt. Cost me 3 grand to locate my equipment and I did most of the leg work.

Last edited by a moderator: