Exp. freight in Memphis and Little Rock ?

G

Does anyone work in these areas? I am in northeastern Arkansas, near Pocahontas. I wouldn't think there is much work in this area for the expediters, but I was figuring that I could dh to Memphis or L.R. and start from there. I would love to be able to run in the areas of Memphis, Dallas, Houston, L.R., don't know why, it just seems like there would be a lot of freight in these areas. I wouldn't mind running north either. Of course, in the end, i suppose you run where you can get a load, right?

Thanks

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Base on where you said you live ,deadheading up to St Louis or Cape Giradeau MO would probably be better. Most freight out of Memphis and Northern MS goes north and in many instances requires a team.

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
I have a van and never sit around there,i have heard West Memphis is ok for d units.The bigger your truck the more opitions you have.

vernon946

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Arky, I had wondered about the handle. We have delivered mant times in the north and central areas of AR in a C truck. We have also got loads out from Little Rock and points south, and even got one load while hiding in Newport at that little stop. All the AR freight we have carried has been under 3000 lbs, although most of it was designated C freight.

As for whether you would have to deadhead to find work, you would have to try several options and see how they work. Once loaded and working, you'll go all over. If your runs work like ours you'll deliver to AR or nearby at least every 3 weeks. I'm thinking about telling dispatch that our home is now AR so we'll get some loads to VA.

Vernon