Excited to get started in the Expediting Business

marc

Expert Expediter
Hi Everyone!

I have been reading the posts on here for the past month and am finally about to get started in the business. Wanted to thank everyone for their insight. The open forum is an awesome place to learn about this business. I have lived on the road for the past 6 years doing professional photography; been a roadie living out of motels, hotels, cruise ships, and the back of my van for years, so used to that part of the business. I am originally from the Chicago area and signed on with Express-1, since they are located so close to Chicago. Also, was impressed by what everyone was saying about Express-1. I will be leasing on a 2500 Dodge Sprinter and begin orientation on Monday-Wed. I know this is the slow time to start the business, but got to start sometime! Will keep you posted on my adventures. Peace

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
RE: Excited to get started in the Expediting Busin

That is great news! Good luck and please let us know your impressions of the industry. And as always remember you have a lot of freinds at EO if you need anything. Drive safe and be profitable!

marc

Expert Expediter

Thanks Glen, I'm sure I will be on-line often seeking advice, appreciate all your wisdom that you bring to the board. Thanks for helping all us newbies to the business!

ATeam

Retired Expediter

Marc,

When someone is considering a career in expediting, I'm usually among the first to encourage him or her to do one's research and then jump in. But in your case......a single guy and a photographer on a cruise ship?????????? DUDE! Are you sure? ;)

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Well I have to agree with the A Team. If females are important to you I think the cruise ship lifestyle and the cruise ship females have it all over the factory females that spit,cuss and havn't put makeup on in years.
But none the less,good luck..:p

mrgoodtude

Not a Member

Very funny Rich,

We don't all have to worry about putting on make up to look good! Beauty is not what you see, but what's beneath the surface! Here I am less than 125 pounds and 5'7". Call me skinny, but call me tough!

It takes less muscles to get a smile then a frown, thus less wrinkles! Keep smiling as life is only what you want it to be.

Kitty Litter and Ms Puss

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Of course the crusing lifestyle can get boring,going to those same islands all the time.Expediting takes you to all sorts of new and exciting places.Nothing like going into JFK airport on a Friday, or driving up Van :censoredsign: in Detroit on Friday night when it is 90 degrees out. Just having fun,many ladies that work in factories are a lot nicer to be with then some spoiled woman who has never washed a dish or cooked a meal in her life and believes her purpose in life is to shop.:D

mrgoodtude

Not a Member

So what actually are saying?

I hate to shop unless it's groceries or toys for my grandsons. However, I have been on a cruise ship (recommond it to anyone planning a vacation but choose Royal Carribean, much better food, entertainment, etc. than Carnival). Don't judge a person on their sexualty because we're far from the same. I happen to love the outdoors, camping, sports. I can live in a truck and deal with getting a shower every couple of days even though I don't like it, but it may come with the job.

I am also very feminine, sensitive and loving. Not gonna lie or deny that putting on negligee is not only a delight for my man but also for me.

All women are not the same, just as men. I can't tell you how many men I've met that are whoosies and the same goes goes for women in the other degree. Geez, there are women out there that scare the crap out of me!

Guess what I'm saying is that don't judge a person by whether they are male or female. I'm totally female in the sense of the word, but I can stand up to any many when I have too.

May God look upon you as a son and you upon Him as a Father.

Kitty Litter and Ms Puss

NB Trucker

Expert Expediter

>Hi Everyone!
>
>I have been reading the posts on here for the past month and
>am finally about to get started in the business. Wanted to
>thank everyone for their insight. The open forum is an
>awesome place to learn about this business. I have lived on
>the road for the past 6 years doing professional
>photography; been a roadie living out of motels, hotels,
>cruise ships, and the back of my van for years, so used to
>that part of the business.

Boy does that sound familiar.
I spent the better part of a decade on the road as a photographer, but I didn't get the cruise line gig. Thought about it, but decided that there were other venues for me.

Good luck, and I hope to be joining you on the road eventually!

finney

Expert Expediter

That's what I was thinking...
Pay me a nickle a day and let me live and take pictures on a cruise line and I'll be OK.

marc

Expert Expediter

Hey Ned,

Thanks for the e-mail, Glad to see another photographer onboard. Just got back from taking a load over in Ohio, blizzard with 28 inches of snow, saw many semis overturned throughout toll 80. Love the expediting business, best job I've had in a long time! Maybe will see you on the road in the near future! Don't forget to take your cameras with you, awesome freelance photography opportunities on the down time of the business. I got some really cool digital pics of the snow storm in Ohio last week. Back in Chicago, no snow for the holidays. Take care buddy