Everyone MUST read this to continue posting on the

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK, I can't really put any restriction on posting but if I could it would be based on this. If you post on this forum please think about what you are posting and be considerate of those who will read it.

Paragraphs people, paragraphs. You don't take one deep breath and talk in one long run on sentence for 2 minutes when you are talking to someone, at least I certainly hope you don't. Don't ruin what you have to say here by running it on so long it becomes unreadable.

When you just ramble on and on and on and on without a break it becomes very unreadable and I guarantee you at least some people don't read the worthwhile things you have to say because they get tired of fighting with the endless ramble. If the extra 17 seconds to put it into paragraph form is going to make you late then write it the next time.

There are a lot of good posts that are being overlooked because they just run on far too long without a break and the reader gets tired of fighting it and moves on to the next post. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and please start using paragraphs.

If you don't believe me take a look at this below all run together as one long run on ramble compared to the paragraphs you've just read. OK, that's all of my soapbox for now but PLEASE use paragraphs people.

OK, I can't really put any restriction on posting but if I could it would be based on this. If you post on this forum please think about what you are posting and be considerate of those who will read it. Paragraphs people, paragraphs. You don't take one deep breath and talk in one long run on sentence for 2 minutes when you are talking to someone, at least I certainly hope you don't. Don't ruin what you have to say here by running it on so long it becomes unreadable. When you just ramble on and on and on and on without a break it becomes very unreadable and I guarantee you at least some people don't read the worthwhile things you have to say because they get tired of fighting with the endless ramble. If the extra 17 seconds to put it into paragraph form is going to make you late then write it the next time. There are a lot of good posts that are being overlooked because they just run on far too long without a break and the reader gets tired of fighting it and moves on to the next post. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and please start using paragraphs. If you don't believe me take a look at this below all run together as one long run on ramble compared to the paragraphs you've just read. OK, that's all of my soapbox for now but PLEASE use paragraphs people.

Leo
truck 4958

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

G

RE: Everyone MUST read this to continue posting on

LDB, You are so right and I see the light. unfortunatly I just posted on the forum and did just what you said. I didnt realize how bad this looked until I read your example. I didn't realize you could make paragraphs because I have replied to ads and could not do this. Promise to do better next time . Have a good day Mike G

poopookitty

Expert Expediter

Hi Leo,

I couldn't agree more. I am far from a professional writer. So, I’m not the one to critique anyone else’s writing. All the same, I want people to understand the point I’m trying to make. So, I try to make sure my rant is readable and easy to understand. Funny, that still doesn’t seem to work at times.

Hey by the way, I looked at your profile. We are from Mo. City, TX! Woohoo, we're neighbors. Kinda, sorta.

Have A Poopy Day!:7

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Sir:

The word you are looking for is "pithy" which means terse and full of substance or meaning (according to Webster).

Dirive Safe

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

Good post LDB, it only takes a minute to check over your post before you submit it. That's what that preview button is for! We're not all the best spellers, (guilty!) but a little spacing, and arranging for easy reading helps all of us!

Dreamer

TEXAS HOKIE

Expert Expediter

As a new forum member, I would like to add to this old thread. I have found out that one can indead edit their post after it has been posted to the forum. You just use the edit key, make the corrections you wish and re post your contribution. It will then appear on the thread but this time it will have a red last edited line at the top.

Since this post is being added to the thread 14 days since the last response, are there any prevailing unwritten rules that state a time limit when adding posts to a thread.

TEXAS HOKIE

SillySafetyGirl

Expert Expediter

I couldn't agree more that paragraphing allows the reader to better understand what exactly you are trying to convey.

When I tutored students in English, we focused on high order things such as content, structure, and organization rather than punctuation and spelling. Although punctuation and spelling are important, the understandability of what you are reading, and the ability to retain the content are more important.

I am currently revising our driver's manual; I used the paragraph suggestion and bulleting to enable the readers to soak-up the most important information contained within the manual.

Happy writing folks!

Silly