Electronic Trip Planner? Destination Software

garman351

Expert Expediter
Hi Everybody:
Can anybody please help me?
My son is a truck driver for a new company hauling house doors in the Southern states leaving from Mich going out for ten days than dead heading returning back to the factory.

(The Problem)
The truck is loaded by the shipping dept who for the past couple of weeks is really screwing-up the freight orders etc. Some times my son has to crawl over freight and lift a real heavy box from the front of the truck that should be at the rear for a easy drop off to his closest stop. You know stop #1 should be at the back of the truck for his first stop, not where my son has to crawl over all his freight to dig out his first stop, it's just stupid and dangerious crawling all over the truck trying to find freight and where it's located on the truck.

(The Solution?)
Does anybody make software etc? where my son can imput all of his 50 plus stops city by city than state by state so he can have some kind of a system for an hassle free delivery's.
Any sugestions? or ideas on how you Folk's can help him come up with some kind of a plan. Before he simply drove his hot shot loads to it's destination once he was loaded.

Of course this company wants my son to take all his time to figure out his route before he goes back out again next week. One driver actually takes his truck home totally unloads over 5000 pounds of freight by hand box by box to rearrange all his freight where it makes scense of course at no pay.

Thanks
Garman

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
A simple road atlas should do it. Mark out stops 1, 2, 3, etc. Then convince the goobers on the loading dock to load the truck with load 3 to the front of the truck, load 2 in the middle, and load 1 closest to the rear door. Then they will come off load 1, 2, 3.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You could put the stops into Streets and Trips and juggle them manually until they are the way you want. It won't automatically do it that I know of but I've done it when killing time and mapping things for my dad for trips. The other link to look at is randmcnally.com. That d is a wild one and escapes sometimes.

garman351

Expert Expediter
Thanks Guy's:
Nothing is ever supposed to be easy is it! or done right the first time, but the company always wants to make sure you are busting your butt to get back ASAP while you are working through their screw-ups and heavy traffic & weather and heaven for bid if you take a little time to shower & eat.

Garman