Dumb question about a dedicated run

Pork Chop

Expert Expediter
Sorry to trouble everyone with my questions again, but thank you to the people who take time to help. Are there any kind of dedicated runs for expedited freight??? I would really love that gig. Something in out of the Texas "Houston" area would be awsome. If anyone knows what company has a dedicated *to anywhere* run..please let me know! Thanks again for putting up with a newbie.

Pork Chop

Pork Chop

Expert Expediter
Ok, I know you all of tired of my dumbness, but hey..... anyways.....I just was wondering if you can actually log legally and still make you loads ontime. or is logging illegally really the only way to make loads ontime.....please hlp me on that one...that is my biggest concern is "having" to log illegal to make my laods....thanks again

pork chop

Pork Chop

Expert Expediter
Good, I've been told you cant in a tt, thats one reason I left there, cause they wanted me to run 14 hours a day. Thanks for your help.....you need another good driver, or know anyone???

scratchplayer

Expert Expediter
There are no dumb questions, Porkchop. That's why were all here. To ask questions, give advice, or just read what others have to say. Your question spawned a great answer from paperback. I'm sure there are alot of drivers wondering the same thing.
...and about the illusive "dedicated expedited run"- the Holy Grail of all deliveries, the cream of the crop, the Rolls Royce, the cat's meow- I had one for almost 10 years, and it dried up about 5 months ago (sniff, sniff) due to slow-downs at the manufacturing facility that needed it done. Everyday, 2 hours each way, half hour at the stop to pick up and deliver, ready at 4:00 p.m. then didn't have to be back till 8:00 a.m. the next morning, Monday through Friday, 1-10 20# cartons, could be done in a station wagon, paid really well, frequently hooked up with other expedites going the same direction, the list goes on and on (sniff).
Oh to find another gig like that...guess I just have to keep looking.
Jeff

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Scratchplayer,

10 years on dedicated run? Very nice! Hey, that is a great loss in times like these. So I can understand. Sniff....;-)
Hope you have latched onto something else.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------
Everybody is someone else's weirdo.
http://www.expeditersonline.com/weekly/Bean.gif
-----------------------------------------

winemaker3279

Expert Expediter
Pork Chop..in response to your question about making money and logging legal here is my reply: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! No seriously...Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Just kidding! Yes, it is possible. But remember, you get paid for the miles you drive. If you log legal, you run less. If you put in more drive hours, you make more. Now I'm not advocating running illegal. I'm just stating the facts.

The best defense is a good offense...thank GOD I'm offensive!!!