Dry Skin Relief

YarnDoll

Seasoned Expediter
I found a most unusual solution to a very irritating problem. I have super sensitive skin. Recently my skin took a turn for the worse. My face actually hurt. It felt like sandpaper. The peeling was terrible. I couldn't wear foundation, as it just emphasized the scaling across my cheeks and forehead. I exfoliated and moisturized, but it didn't help. I was ready to go to a dermatologist when I read online that someone with the same problem had tried the mouthwash, "biotene" on their face and it helped. Biotene is supposed to be good for 'dry' mouth. Well, at this point I was ready to try anything. Two nights ago, after cleansing my face, I wiped biotene all over my face. The next morning my face was at least 90% better! After the second night, my face didn't have any more scales or peeling. It's a little sticky feeling, so I use it at night and a moisturizer during the day. To me, it's a minor miracle!

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Glad you found something that works. It is especially hard when you are on the road all the time and you have a medical condition with no family doctor around.

I used to work with a lady that had a condition called
dermatitis and it sounds like what you have described. Some mornings she would come into work and look like she had spent the day in the sun. Her face would be fire engine red and peeling. If your condition continues you should probably have a doctor check it out and prescribe the right remedy for you. Trying over the counter remedies is not always the best solution. We all do it, though, when we are on the road and trying to keep running.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Ill have to tell my sister. She's had severe allergies and skin problems her whole life. Her skin basically produces no oil whatsoever and she also has days or weeks where her skin is peeling, red, super dry and hurts. She took an allergy test as a kid and the only thing with zero reaction was like eggplant. She just has to really watch her diet and some things completely avoid. It's good to find a quick fix though sometimes.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
fish oil capsules are a good supplement for dry skin. also there is an oil gracie and i took a few years ago when we were dieting and cutting fat severely. it is called Udo's Oil and is available from most health food stores. needs to be kept refrigerated. tastes not so good so take with oj in the morning.