Driving Schools in Chicago

gregsr40

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone know of any good driving schools in Chicago?I am looking to go to school and am wondering if one is better than another?Also could someone tell what to look for in a school? In these school would I learn how to--1)Know if a load is worth the money to take?Do Companies look at what school you went to?Does it make a deference to the Companies? I have a lot of ?'s

Thanks for any and all help.
Gregsr40

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
To put it bluntly I don't know of any good schools anywhere . With the economy as it is they are all exploiting disadvantaged people . No carriers are increasing their fleet . Go to carriers' websites and read their financial reports . They are all "rightsizing " their fleets meaning parking thousands of trucks . The majority of hiring being done is to replace drivers that quit because they couldn't survive on the low miles they were getting . Schools will graduate anyone . Many never get hired . Some get rejected at carrier orientation due to any numbers of reasons . Some carriers even reject people on blood pressure medication that require physicals every year instead of every two years . Wannabes then have to meet the standards of a trainer . Quite a few fail there . Run a google on trucker forums and join a couple . You'll see many experienced drivers that have been out of work for months and can't find work . There is no opportunity in the trucking industry .