Drivers who left the industry due to health reasons

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I know there are people in the EO community that had to leave the industry due to health reasons - this program may benefit you. Spread the word!

Saint Christopher Fund Scholarship

http://www.truckersfund.com/scf_scholarship.pdf

“We often have applicants who will never be able to drive again due to a medical condition, such as being an insulin dependent diabetic,” said Dr. Donna Kennedy, executive director of the SCF. “However, these individuals are fully capable of earning a living by other means. We want to help them along by offering an opportunity to go to school to learn another trade. We are excited to be able to broaden our mission of helping drivers in need.”

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
I have heard of that. Too easy for glucose to fluctuate. Can cause confusion, incoordination, fainting in a matter of a millisecond.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Last edited:

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Nope. Im working on getting healthy so i never get diabetes.

Good luck with that if you eat fast food and/or drive a truck. Better be very conscious of your physical condition and appearance, keep fruit and veggies in the fridge (hope you got an APU), try to find a good restaurant whenever you have time, reduce portion size, exercise often, and most of all, get out of truck driving when you can. :cool:

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
I am diabetic. Inherited. It is Type-2, it kicked in with age, not weight. Endocrinologists say I could weigh 90 lbs, I would still be diabetic (I am not overweight now). Not all diabetes is lifestyle related, but a majority of Type-2 is. All you can do is eat right, get out of the chicken pickin van and exercise, and don't let the doldrums of the road win.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums