DRIVERS LICENSE CHECK

M A WEBSTER

Expert Expediter
I have a driver applying to drive for me.
I got a report of his state driving records.
Everything looks good.
But a friend of his told me that he has had speeding tickets in other states. I know some states dont share info with other states.Is there some place else I can check to see how his CDL license checks out.
Only the GOOD survive

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
All CDL's are suposed to be under a federal jurisdiction. That was the reason for the CDL in the first place...so that drivers can't have multiple licenses..If the MVR is clean that should be the end of it. Ya know sometimes friends or so called friends get envious or jealous or whatever and they lie....

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
multiple lisc will show up with cdl,but you can get a ticket that wont show from another state,they dont all share with each other,and actually the cdl is a joke,just another money maker for the states

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

Well if your a carrier you can subscribe to USIS and get dac reports on applicants. I dont explain things to well sometimes so I will post a page about you and your dac reports under a seperate thread.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Did he previously have a license in a different state and later move to the state he is in now ? Generally states report violations of out of state drivers to their but state but they don't always do it efficiently . I once worked for a company in FL that had a driver hired with a cleam MVR . A couple of months later the company leased a couple of trucks and the leasing company ran the drivers' MVR's . This driver's license showed up being suspended . He had a 2 year old suspension in NY that NY just got around to notifying FL about . The driver wanted to send NY money right away by Western Union but they jerked him around a month with red tape .

kingfisher

Seasoned Expediter
The tickets may be so old that they no longer show up in the record system.Depending on the stat after a certain number of years
they just drop off.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I had a realitive (not a CDL) where he had gotten a ticket paid it and than when he moved to that state SC they would not issue him a new lisence and confiscated his old one from NC.

He had to go back 20 years and find the check he wrote. I could not belive this who keeps copies this long? It took a letter from an attorney to the bank to make them go back this far.

Anyway what actually happened was a clerical error, the state forgot to show that the ticket was paid, and the final outcome was SC wanted to keep the points on his record from 2005 as there record showed thats when the ticket was settled and not from the original date of 1985 when actaully paid. The attorney got that taken care of also, the nerve of the state trying to hang you over something years ago. What the real story is or what I have found out is that the 2 year elimination of points on a DMV record is from the date you pay the ticket than the clock starts toward 0 points. Insurance Co I do not know.

2nd lesson learned keep a file with your DL # on with your SS info. Do not ever loose a ticket or letter from the DMV regarding your drving history. This cost my relative thousands to clear up.

By the way he deserved the so called wreckless driving ticket back than. He still cannot drive worth a crap today.