Driver Pay

ro7ta3al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hello everyone,

I am looking for someone to tell me if I am getting a good deal here; I own a 20' straight truck and I work for a carrier that pay an average of $1.50 to $1.65 per loaded mile. No pay for empty miles or deadhead miles. Every run I make is almost a sure thing that I come back empty. Also, Deahead miles are on the average of 30 to 50 miles (at least what they tell me). I drive about 900 to 1000 miles per week.
Please, someone tell me if I am getting a good deal or if I am getting shafted. I am new at this whole trucking and expediting business. Thank you...

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Doesn!t sound too bad,looks like you will be averaging about .80 per mile for all miles.If you are running solo and have no road expenses such as motels, northeast tolls and no giant truck payment or fees you will probably be OK.You can make more if you have a team operation and are willing to layover in various locations which might get you a backhaul.No you are not getting shafted but it would a lot better if they would at least pay you some nominal amount to deadhead and return,maybe .25-30 per mile..Good luck