Driveline Vibration

fastman1us

Expert Expediter
I just bought a 2003 GMC with the 155 inch wheelbase and as i drove it off the lot. I found it had a Vibration Coming from the Driveline.Anyone Else have this Problem.The dealer ordered a new Driveshaft

hacpro

Expert Expediter
I bought a chevy express van in 99-had a drive line vibration from the get go-dealer could not find or repair the vibration. finally traded van for a new one-good luck getting your van repaired-stay on the dealer constantly maybe they will find problem

Whiterabbit

Expert Expediter
LISTEN TO TEACEL !...Thiers no excuse for the dealer giving you this truck in this condition it should have been spotted by the dealer before you took delivery !!!! It could be a myriad of things from a bad Rear end yoke,to the drive shaft ,or u joints, even a bad transmission ! Keep us posted wont ya?...Sorry to here of your plight...( it just amazes me at attitude of dealerships nowadays . Most time i get the attitude that they think theyre doing you a favor by being there. They should be kissin our behinds for payin the kind of money we have to pay for a vehicle nowadays...and SERVICE? jeez dont get me goin on that! )

fastman1us

Expert Expediter
The Dealer whom I have used for 20 years took care of it. Seems there was a recall out for the carrier assembly.But your right it should have been fixed before I ever took it. See you on the road.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Tony is 100% correct. I have bought 6 straight trucks in my life and when I went to accept delivery I insisted on a 100 mile test drive before I would sign off. One time the salesman bitched and I said OK I will go elsewhere.He came around real fast. On my present truck that I bought from Orlando Freightliner the AC drain line wasn!t hooked up and water poured into the cab. Minor thing but they fix minor things real fast when they don!t have your check or signature.

Whiterabbit

Expert Expediter
Fastman...glad things worked out ! GMC does make a good product (usually) i like mine...RICH ,thats a good idea, also with a ck, instead of a card you can stop payment, if a problem comes up quick enough...ok back to preppin to get on the road,wont be long now.....he he he...:)

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just pray the van isn't a lemon. Sounds corny, but when a vehicle starts out with problems, they usually don't stop. The last Freightliner FL70 my father had was one- I don't think there was a single part on that truck he DIDN'T replace in the three years he owned it. About 10 years ago I bought a new Hyundai:p car that was the same thing- it was in the dealer over 20 times in two years with various defects, and died after 50k miles when it shredded its timing belt and ate all its valves. You just never know in the beginning if the thing is posessed with demons or not.
-Weave-

Whiterabbit

Expert Expediter
Weave...man , i can only imagine what your Pa went thru , that wouldve drove me insane !... I had a plymouth laser who had the same problem with eating valves , but when she was ok she was the best! ,bo do i miss her ! What a ride she was actually looking at another one hereabouts , best dang handling car i ever drove !,and 38 mpg was ok with me also ! Welp off to reality.....hmmmmm Have a good day !