Double Coffin Sleeper??

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This 1975 Kenworth appears to have his and hers sleepers. I'm betting the second is for tarps and stuff.
By the way this screen shot is from the TV Series "Movin On" 2 seasons 1975 and 76. Stars have their Chauffer's license,( Precursor to The CDL) and do most of the driving.
Series is on You Tube
Its a real hoot to pick up the mistakes. Like Sonny backing into the dock without opening his "barn doors".

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 4.53.21 AM - Edited.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 4.53.21 AM - Edited.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 18

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Possibly two sleepers joined together as I don’t think 60” plus sleepers were factory options back in the 70’s.
I could be wrong. I remember a slight detour my father took in the late 60’s or early 70’s to get a glimpse of a Sam Tanksley Pete COE with a double sleeper.
I ordered a new 91 FLD with an intergal sleeper. 52 or 58 in. After being ordered, the 70” intergal became an option (flattop only)and I was able to get one of the first ones.

My last of many Freightliners.
When they went plastic, I went Paccar.

To this day I don’t use plastic.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That must be the ONLY show in history even touching on raising the public's awareness on real trucking. (So I hear, it requires someone to have the money to buy the dvds)

Please Hollywood remake that show. Instead of Ghostbusters with a visible minority all female cast (oops, they did that already. Oh well)

Edit: that's literally on YouTube, thanks redytrk ;)

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That must be the ONLY show in history even touching on raising the public's awareness on real trucking. (So I hear, it requires someone to have the money to buy the dvds)

Please Hollywood remake that show. Instead of Ghostbusters with a visible minority all female cast (oops, they did that already. Oh well)

Cannonball

1958 tv series filmed in Bolton Ontario. Longhaul truckers running all over US and Canada. Very cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks BigStickJr

Of all the times I've been to Bolton I never would have thought tv material :p

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Back in 1958 there was no class 8 power steering.

They needed 40 acres to turn that rig around.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This 1975 Kenworth appears to have his and hers sleepers. I'm betting the second is for tarps and stuff.
By the way this screen shot is from the TV Series "Movin On" 2 seasons 1975 and 76. Stars have their Chauffer's license,( Precursor to The CDL) and do most of the driving.
Series is on You Tube
Its a real hoot to pick up the mistakes. Like Sonny backing into the dock without opening his "barn doors".
With all the issues they had to solve, when did they have time to deliver freight? ;)

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Its free on YouTube or Amazon Prime!

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Series is on You Tube
With all the issues they had to solve, when did they have time to deliver freight? ;)
Yea one load a week for $300.00, split between tow drivers. Any wonder Sonny is behind in his payments?

Reactions: Ragman

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Cannonball is on YouTube also.
The theme song is hokie enough to be an expediters theme song.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still looking for episode 1 (called "in tandem" it was a tv movie that ran the spring before the series started)

Episode one isn't really episode 1....

After watching; probably a small miracle it's watchable at all after that many years, just starting episode 3, hope they get down to actual trucking business...or wasn't that what people wanted to watch in 1974?

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Still looking for episode 1 (called "in tandem" it was a tv movie that ran the spring before the series started)

Episode one isn't really episode 1....

After watching; probably a small miracle it's watchable at all after that many years, just starting episode 3, hope they get down to actual trucking business...or wasn't that what people wanted to watch in 1974?
They say one left!In Tandem DVD - Claude Akins - Frank Converse

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
S1 E16 Goof #1 "Motel room clerk. "What are you haulin? Sonny "TV's". You never tell what your haulin. Goof #2 Sonny calls Rosey Grier "the Fat guy" You don't call Rosey fat if you want to live any longer!

Reactions: Ragman