Don't be so quick to run from your mistakes

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The learning curve always takes a bend thru the wallet!...:)

How much time do you spend beating yourself up over the mistakes you've made? From the simple slip-up you made yesterday with turning left instead of right to a layover position, you're still thinking about, there's can be a lot to regret, eh?

Well, that depends on how you look at it. As usual, perspective plays a huge part in the way you view things.

Mistakes aren't really as bad as you might think. Sure, they temporarily get in your way, and can be pretty frustrating. But the interesting thing about making mistakes is that they set you up for greater success down the line. In fact, making mistakes is one of the greatest ways we learn.

How many people do you know who have managed to achieve something big without a few mistakes along the way? Probably none. Even the greatest, most talented, smartest people in the world have had their share of missteps. It's how you recover and learn from them that truly makes or breaks your ultimate success.

Start putting the power of perspective into play by turning those mistakes into character-building experiences. And most importantly, learn to move on from them. Remember the things you did wrong, but don't dwell on them. Learn to turn them into something good-and hopefully watch your success grow!

Have a Great Day....:)

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Ok what have you done with OVM and why are you posting under his name..;)

(Some good thoughts but that left turn I took 2 days ago is still bugging me,, wait that was a right turn I headed west abit.)

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy

(Some good thoughts but that left turn I took 2 days ago is still bugging me,, wait that was a right turn I headed west abit.)

I think a neighbor was writing all that,lol. but good stuff.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Must be his having quit smoking. After all, he can breathe easier and he's almost $700 ahead just in 11 weeks. Good for you Ken!! :D

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Must be his having quit smoking. After all, he can breathe easier and he's almost $700 ahead just in 11 weeks. Good for you Ken!! :D

That means Im 600 in the hole..Really puts it in prospective when ya see it print..I gotta find a way. I could afford fuel just on that alone..And beer :D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
That means Im 600 in the hole..Really puts it in prospective when ya see it print..I gotta find a way. I could afford fuel just on that alone..And beer :D

With both of us quitting it does make it a whole lot easier to pay the bills...
and I'd recommend chantix..:)

The dreams are awweeeeeeeeesooooooooooome!!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He does seem very introspective lately. I'm guessing it's either transendental meditation or a flashback from something he did in the 60s.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Start putting the power of perspective into play by turning those mistakes into character-building experiences. And most importantly, learn to move on from them. Remember the things you did wrong, but don't dwell on them. Learn to turn them into something good-and hopefully watch your success grow!

This is all true, but in expediting, there is a better way. Instead of learning from your mistakes, learn from the mistakes of others. It costs money to learn from your mistakes. It costs nothing to learn from the mistakes of others.

When Diane and I entered this business as rookies, with no prior trucking experience of any kind, we read two years worth of posts on the EO Open Forum and made careful note of the mistakes to avoid. Doing so helped us become instantly successful in the business and spend very little time in the school of hard knocks.