Do you run a Quad/ATV?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I'm on the cusp of shopping for a "working" quad for mowing and snow removal and I'm looking for advice on the matter...any EO'ers here with experience on the matter?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We used to have a Kawasaki 700 Sport, Yamaha Grizzly 660 and a Kawasaki Prairie 360.

The Yamaha was totally unstoppable in any situation. And it never got stuck or broke down. I think they make it in a 700 now and I would recommend the Yamaha in a heartbeat.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had a Honda 350 Rancher. It was the two wheel drive unit with the manual shift. It served me well. Also it was really easy to drive. The steering was lively and very responive. Even for a novice it was comfortable from the get go. I am a Honda fan and maybe biased. At that time we had a Honda CRV two Honda motorcycles, a Honda lawnmower and the Honda Quad. I always get Honda cuz you rarely have to work on them.

Just 2 cents from this peanut gallery.

Hope you find what ever works best for you.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I don't have a Quad but I have a redneck buddy that swears by his Honda Recon Automatic...
It's only a 250cc but it is fast and nimble and in 4 years he has never turned a wrench on it..
IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I'm on the cusp of shopping for a "working" quad for mowing and snow removal and I'm looking for advice on the matter...any EO'ers here with experience on the matter?

No really honey I just want one to ease the work load, I would never buy one to 'play' with/on.

In all seriousness Lawrence, it's similar to buying a truck.
Questions that need answers.

How much property to be mowed?

What is the terrain?

How much plowing, long drive way? or large square parking lot?

Will it be used for entertainment? If so in what type of environment?

New or used?

I have more than my 'share' of mowing experience using a lot of different types of Equipment.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My son has an Arctic Cat quad. He used it for snow plowing 1 winter and found it to not really be up to the task. The mounting hardware for the plow got bent up. Now, given the difference between a Florence, Ky. winter and a northern Michigan winter, YMMV.

dpea9

Expert Expediter
Lawrence, Check out the Can Am. I have owned one for 7 years. I use it for weekend fun, plowing snow, hauling wood with a trailer. In North Idaho we get a fair amount of snow. I have over 5000 miles on it and it still has the original drive belt. Absolutely no problems with it. They are the best in my opinion. Mine is the 2 up version.
Dan

Falligator

Expert Expediter
My mom just bought herself a new McCormic tractor and it has a bucket shovel and mower deck for 10K. You can stick a plow on it or mow so lots of uses and the guy that sold it to her said prices are going to be doubling soon.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App