Dispatch needs to get more info.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can dispatch start asking if the shipper actually has a way to load a cargo van? Went to load today and arrived at the shipper who had no way of loading my van. A 400+ mile run was lost.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Agreed including sending pick-up numbers with out having to call in get it...fairly sure every loade profile comes with one..Burned up nearly 45 minutes last Saturday waiting for someone to answer the phone..Resulting in ****ing off shipper,, He takes off and goes to lunch..Now I burned nearly 2,hours off my log book when I could have been loaded 40,minutes early.
Anyways back to your load.. Why could they not load it? No ramp..No fork lift?? To heavy to hand load?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using EO Forums mobile app

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Always a way..Set drums on dock plate and forklift grap em from outside?? Roll em..Toss em..lol Cancelled loads really suck..

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nope no way to get fork lift out of building either, they did mention getting a slide back tow truck in to get the fork lift out and on the ground... Till they said I would have to pay the bill!

Sent from: Time Out Corner

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sorry to barge in....

Wrap lashing straps around the pallet to use as a harness, have the forklift raise the pallet by the straps, drive to the edge of the dock, lower the pallet, you back towards the pallet, devouring it into the van. Also you can use metal banding to strap another pallet on top of the drums. Done it many times, both in getting loaded and getting unloaded.

Carry on.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thought of it as I've done that before but the shipper nixed that idea. And the skid on top would have made it to tall

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
And that's the reason they make straight trucks...lol
Buy on a brighter note, here I sit at leg 1 denied entrance into the plant until I get a p-up number..Send request,, no repley yet.. Log book ticking away..

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My brighter note is I made more on that canceled load than I would have made on the junk offers I turned down. And still sitting at home enjoying our new patio

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
And still sitting at home enjoying our new patio

A new Patio? Crap had I known you had it in you I would have paid dispatch to get you to my house. Sounds like I was at the house this summer as much as you may have been.
Heres what I got done and its not done yet..LOL 2 0r 3 more walls to go in to get to bottom of the hill. But first and foremost I need do what your doing and enjoy it with at least 1 cold one..I havnt done that yet. As soon as the the cement on that last last wall cap dried, I came back to work.. :(

Not a professional job but considering there was no tape measure involed Im happy with the way it came out.

10511229_599626846821341_4575916394466508992_n.jpgbackwalk way.jpg

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A new Patio? Crap had I known you had it in you I would have paid dispatch to get you to my house. Sounds like I was at the house this summer as much as you may have been.
Heres what I got done and its not done yet..LOL 2 0r 3 more walls to go in to get to bottom of the hill. But first and foremost I need do what your doing and enjoy it with at least 1 cold one..I havnt done that yet. As soon as the the cement on that last last wall cap dried, I came back to work.. :(

Not a professional job but considering there was no tape measure involed Im happy with the way it came out.

View attachment 9643View attachment 9644

Had it in me? You mean write the check!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Lol..I meant the wife..I'm thinking by the time we finished she would have gladly paid..I'm betting she unloaded the van from the front yard in record time.. Thinking we had 3 1/2 palletts of bricks here.. Without her I couldn't have done it..Plus all the bags of redi-mix..I forgot his heavy those bags are..

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lol..I meant the wife..I'm thinking by the time we finished she would have gladly paid..I'm betting she unloaded the van from the front yard in record time.. Thinking we had 3 1/2 palletts of bricks here.. Without her I couldn't have done it..Plus all the bags of redi-mix..I forgot his heavy those bags are..

I here you there, I was wore out watching them pour the concrete.