Discount for shipping FedEx packages

aileron

Expert Expediter
As FedEx contractors, do we get a discount for shipping ground packages?
I usually send them USPS, but might try FedEx if the price is right.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
As FedEx contractors, do we get a discount for shipping ground packages?
I usually send them USPS, but might try FedEx if the price is right.

I would answer your question but because of the recent issues that have come up this post might be deleted because it might be "a breach of their confidentiality clause."

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I won't waste your time trying to be a smart aleck and knock FedEx or EO. I'll tell you that the time I asked at my local FedEx/Kinko's I was told the discount is only for those on the payroll of FedEx and not available to us as O/O contractors.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I won't waste your time trying to be a smart aleck and knock FedEx or EO. I'll tell you that the time I asked at my local FedEx/Kinko's I was told the discount is only for those on the payroll of FedEx and not available to us as O/O contractors.

At the time we (Roberts Express) were acquired, we were told by FedEx what we are regarded as their "Crown Jewel"

You would think the Crown Jewell would qualify for a discount.

aileron

Expert Expediter
I'll tell you that the time I asked at my local FedEx/Kinko's I was told the discount is only for those on the payroll of FedEx and not available to us as O/O contractors.

Leo,
I went to FedEx Office and tried it. I showed my FedEx id and I got a huge discount (more than 50%) for one ground package to San Diego, CA.
Maybe the guy did not look too good at my id, I don't know, but it was a win win situation for both FedEx and me. If they would have said no, I would have shipped it USPS.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's cool. If/when I need to again I'll go to a different location and try. The worst that can happen is I get no discount I guess.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I got a discount a number of times using Fedex Ground. I didn't get 50%, I got 10 or 15%. I was told I'd get 50% for Fedex Express Air. You have to show your Fedex ID card. If for some reason you you go in and you don't get a discount, save your receipts and call the fedex customer service toll free number. Your supposed to get the discount.

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
I've also received ten different answers from eight different people. I used to get 40% off shipping and less off of faxes/copies. Sometimes they say 'contractors' don't get ANY discount, and other times I'm considered 'family' and get a free fax (it's going to fdcc anyway). I have been told if I set up a shipping account with my ID number online, I will then get the discount. It's on my list of things to do...

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was faxing some stuff at a FedEx Kinko's the other day (no discount on faxing:mad:) and was told 50% on Express and 20% for ground. As for in store things like printing or shipping supplies, that is up to the individual store franchisee.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
At the time we (Roberts Express) were acquired, we were told by FedEx what we are regarded as their "Crown Jewel"

Yeah,and that is why every other division of Fedex gets it's turn on the NASCAR racecar but us. (They don't wanna get oil and grease and bug splats on the "crown jewel".:rolleyes:

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I would answer your question but because of the recent issues that have come up this post might be deleted because it might be "a breach of their confidentiality clause."

Watch it spud,it might be a breach of the confidentiality clause to discuss what might be a breach of the confidentiality clause.