Disability Insurance

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I've been thinking about this for a while. I'm thinking about making a change but I currently have a good source for disability insurance and also a really good rate on passenger insurance. If I make a change I'll loose my source for this coverage. Does anyone know of an agent where I can get this coverage at a competitive rate? You folks helped Bugsy so well I thought I'd jump right in on this one.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you can put up with ducks you might want to check AFLAC for disability. You should also check with an independent agent or two. They should have multiple sources. If you can save up some money to self insure for a little while you can save a good bit on premiums by having a longer elimination period. Also, you need to know the benefits aren't taxable so you need less coming in since none goes out in taxes. A good agent should explain everything and get you the most for the least. I highly recommend checking with two though in case one agent pretty much only sells a high commission product whether it's best or not.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tom, call the people you currently have your occupational policy with and they will send you info on getting an individual policy. They have some decent plans.

BTW, my load cancelled and I'm back in Blacksburg.x(