Difficulties with turbotax?

X X

Expert Expediter
I'm trying to file my taxes through TurboTax, but I get to a screen where it tries to determine weather I qualify for the standard mileage deduction or not. Now I own(still make payments)the van, and I am an expediter with a local company. It says that if you own the vehicle or use it for hire or have less than 5 vehicles for business you cannot use the standard milleage deduction. Did I do anything wrong? I've been using this standard deduction the last two returns.
Thank you for your advise Frank.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Difficulties with turbotax?"
Feb-11-07, 09:30 PM (EST)
I'm trying to file my taxes through TurboTax, but I get to a screen where it tries to determine weather I qualify for the standard mileage deduction or not. Now I own(still make payments)the van, and I am an expediter with a local company. It says that if you own the vehicle or use it for hire or have less than 5 vehicles for business you cannot use the standard milleage deduction. Did I do anything wrong? I've been using this standard deduction the last two returns.
Thank you for your advise Frank.

XX

Did you find the Help in the Program that will allow you to use it, I think that you E-mailed me directly on this, but I will answer it again, for all to see.

I do not know how Intuits Turbo TAX, Blocks Tax Cut or the other over the counter Tax ACT Software works. I do not have copies of them

The fact is that I use a Professional Tax Software that runs FOR all who due taxes from Around $1000.00 and up depending on the Company that they purchase it from. including INTUITS PRO SERIES WHICH IS THE PROFESSIONAL TAX SOFTWARE. WHICH ARE NOT FOR THE AVERAGE PERSON, so that I can do an unlimited Amount of Returns and all I have to do is put a Letter in the box between the T or S box and the State box on the Schedule C form.

The truth of what Turbo Tax states is that you are "For Hire" is Correct Legally you cannot take the standard mileage deduction. I don not know if you can correct it. Just say no to the question and see what happens.

Frank