Did you all read this?

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Say What?
This makes no sense at all! This is on the front page of EO.

The Maine Turnpike Authority voted Nov. 19 to ban trucks from the left lane of the state's three-lane highways, including I-95, as a way to lower pollution.

The ban, which could start as early as this spring, would apply to the state turnpike and I-95 from the New Hampshire border to New York, which falls under the control of the state Department of Transportation.

Officials of the Maine Motor Transport Association argued that pollution from a truck traveling in the left lane would be the same as from a truck traveling in a different lane.

But according to turnpike spokesman Dan Paradee, as reported by press accounts, trucks rarely travel in the left lane and for the most part don't need to be there.

The authority had considered banning all heavy vehicles from the left lane as a way to improve air quality, but decided to exempt buses to encourage people to take buses instead of low-occupancy cars.

Another way for the lawmakers to rob the drivers. How stupid do they think we are? I guess the truck puts out less pollution in the right 2 lanes?

Bigtyme

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well due to road crown the inner lane is usually a little higher than the outside lane.. What this means is your truck is higher on the inside lane which causes it to run a little richer causing more pollution...... LOL }> Andy

Whiterabbit

Expert Expediter
That explains it ! I was wonderin why when i git in that lane and put the hammer down i git that black smoke billowin from my exhaust stacks...i actually find it amussing (funny) ...i passed a convertibe mustang doin bout 85 and the driver tried to put the top up at that speed and that ol four wheeler did five or six backflips funniest thing iv e ever seen......