Did not get a State Fuel Tax Summary Report, now what do I do??

are12

Expert Expediter
I was leased on with a small company out of NYC and did not recieve any Fuel Tax Summary Reports. I have asked for them numerous times but they keep telling me they do not have them.

I need to file my mileage report, with PA, by the end of October to renew my registration....any suggestions on how to handle this?

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
calculate them yourself just go back to the start of the quarter and figure each trip.my state IL went to electronic filing it pretty simple stuff.dont you keep a record of all your trips and deadhead?

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Don't even think it has to be that difficult. Contact the state, tell them what's going on and they will probably let you use estimated for that time period. Also send and save a copy of a letter requesting mileage reports and include it if the state wants it. Was the carrier arrow,landshark or Brighton ?

Last edited:

are12

Expert Expediter
If I were driving the truck myself, it would be so much easier to calculate the mileage.....I have been working on it but it seems to be taking forever since I do not have all the information at hand. I am hoping I can get close to the mileage so I will not have to estimate or my registration will cost a small fortune....gotta love this business sometimes!!!

Dynamite, I sent you a private message on which company it was

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Pa plates are costly anyway. You are going to have to use estimated for the states you did no miles in unless you are not playing certain states. But for the trouble you are going through versus a few bucks just estimate and be done with it. It is an expense you can write off. Might be a couple a hundred bucks in the long run.

I didn't say you had to call I was offering to call him or his dad and try to get it resolved without a lot of fuss. It's their just not at the office. It's at the fuel tax prep company. But ok, let me know if you change your mind. It's just a call and I haven't talked to him in a few weeks.

are12

Expert Expediter
I was thinking of estimating with last years....I am going to call the Commonwealth of PA tomorrow and see how bad that is going to hurt me....hopefully not too bad...

Once again, thanks for the offer to call but I think it best to let it go with him...I already spoke to the company they were using but that was a dead end too. They are no longer with them so all of the paperwork was returned to the company.

Guess I will just have to take a beating on the cost of my registration this year.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Chances are you can't use your last years as est. You will have to use the IRP est. From the book. Still bet only 5 to700 $ . Good luck

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The fuel tax rate for PA is $ 0.381 cents per gallon, I have tried to check on the mileage tax rate but could nofind them for you state, but you can go to ExpeditersOnline.com Expedited Trucking Owner Operator Careers and Truck Sales .Com to find all the tax rates per gallon per quarter.

Did you check your settlement sheets, and have copies of your fuel tickets, If so it can be broken down by states, per quarter, they should be on them January for december 2011,April 2012, july 2012, and Oct 2012 for waht was paid in 2012,
Frank’s Tax andBusiness Service
120 York RD Kings Mountain,
NC28086-3151
(704) 739-4039 Fax: (704) 739-3934
e-mail:
[email protected]
Web Site: File Your Return Online
Franklin Katz, ATP, PA, PB,

Providing Professional Accounting, Bookkeeping, Payroll and Income TaxPreparation Services

*Circular 230 Disclaimer: To ensure compliance with Treasury Regulationsgoverning written tax advice, please be advised that any tax advice included inthis communication, including attachments, is not intended, and cannot be used,for the purpose of (i) avoiding any federal tax penalty or (ii) promoting,marketing, or recommending any transaction or matter to another person.

Confidentially Notice: This email message is Ifyou have
receivedthis message in error and are not the intended addressee, please advise thesender by reply email and delete this message immediately.

*The IRS does not endorse any particular individual taxpreparer. For more information on tax return preparers go to IRS.gov