Did I make somebody angry?

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I asked EO not to give out my email to Joke websites. For some reason, that request was deleted? What's up?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Chet,

1st off, I don't know who deleted it, but EO does not, and did not, give out anyone's email address to any joke sites.

I assume you are referring to the ijokes advertisement that was in Friday's Hotshot Newsletter. If you would look closer before making accusations, you would have seen it was an advertisement in a newsletter you signed up for.

No one has your email.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

Ability is what you're capable of doing...
Motivation determines what you do...
Attitude determines how well you do it. (Lou Holtz)
-------------------

---------

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You're right. It was a HotShot Newsletter that was an advertisement for a joke site. The way it was presented caused an immediate reaction from me that it was a spam. All it talked about was iJoke. Not one word about expediting. I've unsubscribed to ensure that I don't get weird advertisements in my email. I get enough crap as it is.

And, by the way, my first posting complaining about the email was deleted by somebody. I wouldn't have accused anybody if that were not true.

Thanks for your response.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Hey Dreamer, I received an email for a link to "Naked Dancing Midgets" Did that come from Y'all?
Mike and Cyn}>

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Maybe I should rephrase my sig cap to read: READ and/or THINK before you speak or Type.

FYI:
When in the post form (the box where you type the words you want to put in your reply or post, at the bottom there are 3 buttons. The first button is the review button. If a person clicks this button they can view exactly how the post or reply is going to look once the message is posted.

I too am guilty for not using this review button, but I do catch my mistake whatever it may be after the fact, but have the opportunity using the edit tool (at the bottom of the live post) to correct my mishap.

Point being! Everything we put in a forum is live for the whole world to read. Anyone, members and nonmembers can read our posts. You don’t have to be logged on to read the forum. “Although most members (MOST) do not form an opinion of another from how our post is worded or because we aren’t good at spelling, or because we took the meaning of what we read differently than its intent, (at least I would hope EO members don't) there are some that do.

For many years I have stressed to the EO community to be yourself, don’t let not being a good speller or not being an English professor stop you from posting. As long as I have a say on this forum no one member will ever get away with ridiculing another for the way they write or spell. However I do ask all to read and reread what you are posting when it comes to accusing EO of going against terms & policy. Maybe a private message to LM would be a more professional way to handle something like that.

For what it’s worth this reply is not directed to Chet but to all.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Nah, but would ya send it to me? LOL.

Chet,

Didn't mean to snap, as Tony said, sometimes we hit send without re-reading.

It was indeed the HOTSHOT, the same newsletter that tells all the upcoming events, etc. This one just happened to be dedicated to our new partner, ijokes.

As for accusing, I didnt' mean about your first one being deleted, obviously it was, but I dont' know by who yet. I meant not accusing us of selling your email, which is something we would never do.

Thanks for understanding,

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

Ability is what you're capable of doing...
Motivation determines what you do...
Attitude determines how well you do it. (Lou Holtz)
-------------------

---------

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks. I'm contrite. I over-reacted. I'm better than that. My apologies. I'll try not to let it happen again.

I'm really a nice guy until you get to know me. lol