December is here!

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, just got back from the local Ford Dealer and ran the "Ole Girl" thru a multi point inspection and serviced to get her ready for the road... (the TerraMaxx Murray, not Janet)
Only had to replace the battery as it was putting out only half of the CCA's...
Most likely will need new tires by Spring if CRE runs us like crazy!!!
Next appt. is Friday Morning with my carpenter to build the Mrs. some shelves for all her stuff and move the bulkhead back to give us some more room in the cabin...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
@ home and I've closed the books on 2015.....Initial quick peak at books... looks like a banner year....first observation right off is.....LESS time on the road and about the same income as in the past... there is just no way one can continue to sit for 3-5 days regularly and it not eventually have an effect.....both financially, physically and mentally....sure I had to run a couple more loads but I do believe we are called drivers, not sitters.....LOL

Pubboywis

Expert Expediter
A little old lady got on the bus. After a short time the the lady asked the bus driver would you like some peanuts. The bus driver graciously put out his hand. This happened every 5 minutes for the next half an hour. Family the bus driver is a lady miss why don't you eat your peanuts. The little old lady looked at him and said why I've got no teeth then why do you buy peanuts. She looked at the bus driver and said why I just buy them for the chocolate coding around them

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ran into Pubboywis and Drifter today at the Pilot in Corbin KY. They were both loaded and stopped by for fuel. First Pubboywis saw my van and came over. We went to the buffet next door. Then Drifter texted me asking where I was? He was at the Pilot getting fuel and saw my van also. He then joined us in the restaurant. Was great seeing two other CRE drivers tonight. They both left to complete their deliveries. 30 minutes later! BOOKED! Pu at 07:00 for Birmingham AL.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Bill, you are a lucky guy to run into not one, but two of us in one place.
I only ran into Bill and Carolee once and Steve once.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: billg27

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I guess we should post something like this sometimes. Of course that is just CURRENT positions and NEXT empty positions. Not sure how much good that would do.

**And no, if a driver is off more than a day or two I don't show them on that map. Hence no Bison showing up. :)
pos.PNG

Reactions: hazmat

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
neither you or Sallys unit are in service at this time?.....

my tracking has unit 1008 in Tulsa at these co ordinates
<LATSECONDS>0360905</LATSECONDS>
<LONGSECONDS>0955941</LONGSECONDS>

Last edited: