Death by DeSantis

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
DeSantis Wants to "Move On." The Mouse Says No.

DeSantis wins against Disney. They should have moved on.

IMG_5598.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Pilgrim and RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
DeSantis wins against Disney. They should have moved on.

View attachment 23572
I saw that news item yesterday. I also saw Disney says they intend to continue the fight. I presume that means an appeal is coming.

Reactions: RLENT

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

And here is another example of the quack that Desantis appointed as the surgeon general of Florida.

In a school with a vaccination rate of 89%, he does not think its necessary for the remaining unvaccinated children to miss school so they dont catch the measles. Just wow.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Conservative 11th Circuit Justices Kill DeSantis's Stop Woke Law

This law, and the thinking behind it, was unconstitutional from the beginning.

In their ruling, the three justices, including two Trump appointees, said:

"This is not the first era in which Americans have held widely divergent views on important areas of morality, ethics, law, and public policy. And it is not the first time that these disagreements have seemed so important, and their airing so dangerous, that something had to be done. But now, as before, the First Amendment keeps the government from putting its thumb on the scales. By limiting its restrictions to a list of ideas designated as offensive, the Act targets speech based on its content. And by barring only speech that endorses any of those ideas, it penalizes certain viewpoints — the greatest First Amendment sin." (bold emphasis mine)

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The saga is over:

View attachment 23803View attachment 23804View attachment 23805
DeSantis won, Disney lost; game, set, match.

"Disney spent millions of dollars, alienated millions of customers, and created precedent against itself. It achieved nothing beyond driving up its own costs and reinforcing the regulatory authority. It then walked away and an enabling media just shrugged."

• Haha
Reactions: muttly and RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Human Trafficker Ron DeSantis

"The migrants received U nonimmigrant status (or a U visa), described by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services as a visa 'set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity.'

"This visa was created with the passage of the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act"

Reactions: Ragman