Data...data...need more giga bites

ground-pound

Active Expediter
Looking for a GREAT data plan......is there such a thing anymore? We are not TV or Satellite fanatics....honestly we wish we could just entertain ourselves with youtube, and netflix. but that DRAINS data like crazy....best thing we have going now is unlimited internet at the TA 150.00 per year....only thing is we don't want to be at the TA all the time.......any suggestions??

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Verizon has the best coverage, but for unlimited usage will cost you big time...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Depending on how much you use, vzw has the share everything with various data packages. We are looking into it ourselves

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

ground-pound

Active Expediter
Thanks for the replies....we have verizon now....you are correct coverage is good, right now we pay for 6gb in a month, and watching netflix would rip through that in a hurry!

I dont believe sprint has unlimited anymore. Looks like the trend has moved away from unlimited data......HOWEVER, I think I read that Tmobile is pushing a unlimited data plan.....hope so, and I hope the rest of them go back to that as well.....I mean do we really have to pay hundreds of dollars for air... :/

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The problem is the ones that offer unlimited or cheap coverage also have horrible or non existent 4G data. 3G just doesn't cut it for streaming movies.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I believe Verizon is your only choice for excellent data. Pick the price of the data you can afford!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe Verizon is your only choice for excellent data. Pick the price of the data you can afford!

I have had both Verizon and att and find them very comparable on coverage. In most areas att has faster 4g service. Recent experience with both.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One more thing with Verizon is the bill changed monthly because they tax by where you are when making calls. Att if you do not go over your plan limits stays the same every month.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
One more thing with Verizon is the bill changed monthly because they tax by where you are when making calls. Att if you do not go over your plan limits stays the same every month.

Verizon bills taxes based on the address you give them to list as your Primary Use address. The Primary Use address can be different than the billing address which can be useful for someone in our line of work because they can list the address of a relative or terminal that has lower taxes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the replies....we have verizon now....you are correct coverage is good, right now we pay for 6gb in a month, and watching netflix would rip through that in a hurry!

I dont believe sprint has unlimited anymore. Looks like the trend has moved away from unlimited data......HOWEVER, I think I read that Tmobile is pushing a unlimited data plan.....hope so, and I hope the rest of them go back to that as well.....I mean do we really have to pay hundreds of dollars for air... :/

Sprint still has the unlimited data plan and they are working on the change over to LTE instead of WiMax which will help the data speed. We have 2 phones with Verizon which has great 4G coverage which we still get to enjoy because we have the old unlimited plans. The Sprint phone is the EVO 4G LTE which only gets 4G in LTE areas so it is limited to major cities. I am actually surprised at how well the data on the Sprint phone works in 3G and I know without a doubt I would drop my smart phones with Verizon if they tried to force me onto the tiered plans and just leave 1 basic phone on for making/receiving calls.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Verizon bills taxes based on the address you give them to list as your Primary Use address. The Primary Use address can be different than the billing address which can be useful for someone in our line of work because they can list the address of a relative or terminal that has lower taxes.

That is not how they explained it when asked why the bill was different each month.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
That is not how they explained it when asked why the bill was different each month.

If it isn't an overage or something purchased then you will usually see the increase or decrease in your taxes because the government or your local municipality changed the rate. If Verizon billed taxes based on where each call was coming from they would have to be showing the tax for every call not to mention monitor every phone line for how many minutes were used in location A when the call started compared to location B where the call ended. The taxes are calculated off of the Primary Use address only which by default is your billing address.