Curing the "liftgate blues"

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
How many of you "D" units have a Maxon liftgate, you know the one with the deck extension on the back of the box. How many times have you dumped a customer's product trying to get your pallet jack over that supid lip between the box floor and the deck surface ( about 3/4"-1' difference).Those make shift ramps we've seen on some other trucks looked about as usless as ours. It somewhat worked (ours) when we "pulled" the jack into the box,but when you're loading the last pallets onto the rear, you have no choice but to push. Now we're in trouble!:(

Not to worry, problem solved. No we didn't install a new Leyman, that would be to nice.Instead we turned our favorite welding shop loose.They came up with an excellent idea for a full width permanently mounted swing ramp for about $250. It only took 3-4 hours to fabricate and install, then all I had to do was prime and paint it. If anyone is interested in modifying theirs and can get to central Fl (Ocala), message my and I'll give you our welding shop's name.:)

PS: Changed my avatar from the bird, I like the horse better. Can you guess what classic movie it could be from?:)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My liftgate has about 1/8" difference and the gate is higher than the platform. I like it that way. If going out slowly with something on the jack that small step up acts to remind when clear of the platform as well as a very small speed reducer. I adjusted the screws underneath to make the gate more stable and parallel to the ground. This was an added benefit.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
My truck came with an Interlift model ILFS liftgate on it, and having worked with/on just about every other brand on the market, I think this is one slick unit! If I ever buy another truck, it will get an Interlift!!

Check out: www.interlift.net

Rex